GDT: Game 9: Red Wings vs oilers 6:00 pm et 10/27/24

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Hard to be upset about it. Back to back against a top team you take the point. .500 with their opening schedule is definitely nothing to be upset about, especially considering the bug thats been going around the dressing room.

Thats probably the best game the wings have played this year
You mean the best 1st period. Other than that no not the best game. We played better against the Rangers at MSG.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
How has it been a tough schedule, only 3 of their 9 games has been against teams with a record over .500.
Do you really think I will take your reply seriously?

I didn't know that the schedule was so tough through the 1st 10 games.
The team has done a great job so far. I have been the loudest on this board to get rid of Lalonde, but he has done a very good job so far.
So I have changed my mind for now, so the next is 20 games.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
So are the coaches asking them to turtle late in games? Or are the players just not capable of executing the game plan
I agree much more with Lalonde than with Copp and Kane. I am not sure we talk about the same game.
1. Copp is brutal offensively. I think he has scored 3 goals this season and 2 of them were lucky bounces. I don't think I have seen a single good pass in the offensive zone Copp has made since he joined the team. He is not nearly as good offensively as he thinks he himself is.

2. Kane. I don't know what he talks about. He can change or try to change the momentum and lead by example. All he does is turns the puck over.

The players which stood out are Seider and Kasper.

All in all we are lucky and should be happy we are a .500 team after 9 tough games. Our PK has to be better.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hard to be upset about it. Back to back against a top team you take the point. .500 with their opening schedule is definitely nothing to be upset about, especially considering the bug thats been going around the dressing room.

Thats probably the best game the wings have played this year
We are dead last in shots for per game. While allowing the 2nd most shots against per game.

Don’t let our record fool you, we have some serious issues that need to be fixed.

The only reason we are .500 is because we have a top 5 team sv%, and it’s hard to imagine we keep that up with our goalie rotation.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
We are dead last in shots for per game. While allowing the 2nd most shots against per game.

Don’t let our record fool you, we have some serious issues that need to be fixed.

The only reason we are .500 is because we have a top 5 team sv%, and it’s hard to imagine we keep that up with our goalie rotation.
Fair take. I guess if I'm hopeful about anything, it's that the skaters will come around a bit and the goalie rotation this year should remain better than last year, even if it comes back to earth a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad