GDT: Game 9: Red Wings vs oilers 6:00 pm et 10/27/24

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
what decided the game was the fact that we did not give 60 minutes of effort at playing in all three zones and we haven't once this entire season thus far. our goaltenders have been the only players consistently giving effort. this has never been a sustainable model for success and we're at major risk of going on a prolonged skid should that change. until we make meaningful improvements to our defense and overall scoring acuity winning is going to be tough.
Neither did the Oilers. Now what?

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Stick tight till thanksgiving at least pal. We'll have a good read by then...

I haven't had a good feeling about this team all summer but you've got to give them a shot... They're actually still right in the thick of things early.
No, I know.

I’m just frustrated. I don’t think we’re as bad as the play has indicated. This turtle after getting a lead or even turtling off the start is really baffling and not fun to watch. It’s probably why the players aren’t motivated

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Pretty much the same as Kane, very small samples they make a play that leads to a goal. But as for 5on5 it's not great.
Interesting. Kane has been pretty darn good this season, multiple game winners and a few good assists assists to go along with a ton of decent chances that just didn't find the back of the net. The crazy thing I've noticed with him this season is he's actually made a few pretty good defensive plays as well. He hasn't been lights out or anything but I have no issues with his play so far. Tarasenko, yeah I think we all expect a little more there, hopefully he breaks out soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad