GDT: Game 9 - Montreal Canadiens Versus Philadelphia Flyers - October 27th 2024, 7:00pm EST - TSN2, RDS - Growing Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Feels like something is gonna go down... Feels like on more BS call and shit will get real.
How much worse can it get -- they'll be practising a TikTok dance routine during intermissions?

LYXFRKW.gif

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Seeper did what he had to do. The issue is how how he escapes with no call... and courier escapes with no call despite clearly initiating the fight.
Exact. I honestly was expecting 2 min for both.

Anyway this would have not happened if the refs had called the penalty on Couturier like they should have

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Oh don't get me wrong, that might be the worst NHL reffing sequence I've seen in a while. But I can't fault Seeler.
Agreed. I hope that if anyone tries to fight Suzuki the closest Hab jumps them from behind and pounds the shit out of them. I also learned today that you don't even get a penalty for that.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
TSN just said without saying it that MSL's "hybrid system" isn't what his team can execute.
I've been screaming this.

It's such a stupid f***ing system.

You bring in a new player and now that player has to learn which position to take, which player to shadow and when to switch off.

Positional is the way to go in the league as it's easier for players to attempt as a lot of players don't have high defensive IQ

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh don't get me wrong, that might be the worst NHL reffing sequence I've seen in a while. But I can't fault Seeler.
Couturier dropped the gloves first, Xhekaj acted in kind -- from that point on, fight was engaged. Seeler is a third man in. Had he not crashed in, the fight would have continued like any other. Seeler was at fault, can't see how he was completely absolved.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Couturier dropped the gloves first, Xhekaj acted in kind -- from that point on, fight was engaged. Seeler is a third man in. Had he not crashed in, the fight would have continued like any other. Seeler was at fault, can't see how he was completely absolved.
My point was moreso that if Suzuki was in Couturier's place I'd want the whole team there preventing anything from happening.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I've been screaming this.

It's such a stupid f***ing system.

You bring in a new player and now that player has to learn which position to take, which player to shadow and when to switch off.

Positional is the way to go in the league as it's easier for players to attempt as a lot of players don't have high defensive IQ
Then the point is to accumulate players with high IQ.

Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad