GDT: Game 9 - Montreal Canadiens Versus Philadelphia Flyers - October 27th 2024, 7:00pm EST - TSN2, RDS - Growing Pains

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Well he is 19 and barely speaks english. I am convinced he will be as dominant as Bedard. Folks are mad that the Habs didn't draft him but several teams passed on him, not just the Habs.

I have a post on the subject in the OOT thread. I just think that when there's smoke, there's fire. Not in the sense of his character. I think he'll be fine there and will be a star/superstar. Moreso that with his 5 year deal (with 3 years remaining), knowing hr was able to buy it out (there were rumors about right after the draft), telling two teams he didn't want to play with them, specifically calling the Flyers to meet them in private, the only team he did so with. I say it's hard to take the people that say there weren't any draft shenanigans seriously.

Reactions: LV426

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
The look on Hughes when Michkov scores a hat trick tonight.

View attachment 922487
We're literally in a nightmare timeline.
He came over after 1 year instead of 3, he's looking like he may put up a 80+ point rookie season, meanwhile Reinbacher is missing the entire season with a knee injury (and suffered a knee injury a few weeks before we picked him).

That draft is going to haunt him for life.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I think Torts was instructed to let Michkov do whatever he wants.

"We are starving for the types of instinctive plays that he can make," Tortorella told ESPN's Greg Wyshynski. "I'm not interested in turning him into a checker. We want to lay the foundation. It's going to take time. But are we going to beat him over the head with it? No."

"I think that's the key thing when you're dealing with offensive players. There are certain times in the game when you've just got to be simple. You may have to fight another day to make that play," Tortorella said.

"That's something I know we're going to have to teach him. But I want to let him go. We're not going to try to stifle him in any way as far as his creativity."

It looks like Torts bought in.

Last edited:

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
The look on Hughes when Michkov scores a hat trick tonight.

View attachment 922487

Nah, Michkov won't score that much tonight.

He WILL be tough to handle on the powerplay given his skills, shot, and smarts, but we're slated to see another strong game from some of our players after the atrocious disappointments that were the last 4 games before the one against St. Louis.

And we're in a similar spot as the Flyers rebuild-wise, so it's not like they are the get-go favorites to win this game like, say, the Maple Leafs or Golden Knights would be if we were matching-up against them tonight.

I expect this game to be competitive, and hope we beat the Flyers, but if we lose I won't be that mad.

Especially since that game against St. Louis yesterday basically already placated a lot of the frustrations I had against the team after the unbearable loss against the Rangers and the 4-game skid.

So yeah, cheers and have a good evening folks.

Reactions: Andrei79

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
We're literally in a nightmare timeline.
He came over after 1 year instead of 3, he's looking like he may put up a 80+ point rookie season, meanwhile Reinbacher is missing the entire season with a knee injury (and suffered a knee injury a few weeks before we picked him).

That draft is going to haunt him for life.

We have far too many draft ghosts haunting this franchise.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
a couple of posters the moment Michkov inevitably scores in the first

peace-ghost.gif

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I don't care that it's a back-to-back or about Primeau's stats, they're meaningless. Montembeault really can't go two nights in a row?
Even if it wasn't a back-to-back, Primeau would have gotten the start with his stats against the Flyers and them being bottom feeders.

And goalies don't do back-to-back anymore and the Habs started a 12 games in 24 days schedule yesterdaty. They aren't going to burn Montembeault on shit teams Primeau have an history of being good against.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Even if it wasn't a back-to-back, Primeau would have gotten the start with his stats against the Flyers and them being bottom feeders.

And goalies don't do back-to-back anymore and the Habs started a 12 games in 24 days schedule yesterdaty. They aren't going to burn Montembeault on shit teams Primeau have an history of being good against.

I'd rather have taken a shot with Primeau after we've seen whether the Habs can/will build momentum with some wins. Didn't know about the schedule though. What a brutal calendar to start the season.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I'd rather have taken a shot with Primeau after we've seen whether the Habs can/will build momentum with some wins. Didn't know about the schedule though. What a brutal calendar to start the season.
The calendar is ridiculous all season long. Habs finish the season with 13 games in 26 days...

And to build momentum, the team in front of Prime needs to play like they did last game, not revert to the shit low effort they were the last 5 games hoping to be bailed out by the goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad