GDT: Game 9: Hurricanes at Kraken

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
IMG_1855.png
IMG_6172.png

One of the worst logos in sports visits one of the nicest.

Last edited:

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
The Canes have played six games and are 4-2. They handed Calgary their first regular season loss last night with a 4-2 win.

Grubauer likely gets the start for our 4-3-1 Kraken, who fell in OT to the Jets yesterday in a very entertaining tilt.

Two tired teams, but our squad is at home, so hopefully they come out strong.

I’m in Vancouver visiting family, and driving down to Seattle tomorrow for my first visit to Climate Pledge Arena. Is anyone else going to the game?

Last edited:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
At this stage of the season, this seems like a pretty even match up. Home ice could be, should be the difference. Despite some miscues in the last game, I am hoping Daccord gets the start so he begins to actually feel that he is our #1 go-to goalie.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
At this stage of the season, this seems like a pretty even match up. Home ice could be, should be the difference. Despite some miscues in the last game, I am hoping Daccord gets the start so he begins to actually feel that he is our #1 go-to goalie.
I cant shake the game against Calgary the other night. Carolina looked goooooooooooood. I'm a bit pessimistic but would LOVE for the Kraken to come out flying and prove me wrong.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I am watching the Spokane Chiefs game and Catton has scored both of his teams goals. One SHG and the other was ridiculous hand-eye co-ordination type of goal. His team looks pretty bad though. His line seems to be the only one doing something today.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Damn, the Canes are one tenacious team. They're, like, playing in a whole different gear than we are right now, like they are already in midseason form.
Absolutely. They’ve forced turnovers just on how fast they’re on Kraken puck carriers.

Better start to the second. A power play goal here would be nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: kihei

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Still just feel very "on their heels"

Joey Daccord is going to get some Vezina votes at the end of the season. He’s so positionally sound, and reads shooters exceptionally well.
His rebounds have been a bit "yikes" tonight, with the kick-outs and blocker punches. I'd like to see him rein those in a decent bit.

Called Gourde for the slash but honestly looked like he could have gotten one for a high stick a couple seconds earlier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad