GDT: Game #9: Hot ‘N’ Ready - Oilers @ Red Wings - 4 PM - Sportsnet

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Just watched the Redskins (yes the Redskins) beat the Bears on one of the craziest Hail Marys you'll ever see which was a good result for my Detroit Lions so now I'm tuning in here. Down 2-1, how are the Oilers looking?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
This team has way too many guys who feel sorry for themselves and sulk

Same thing last year after losing to Vegas

Compare it to Florida last seasons , they got close and had their hearts broken but they used it as motivation and came out flying

This team just looks disinterested/ exasperated minus a couple players

I don’t want to just blame it on Connor but the team goes as he goes, and he definitely wears his heart on his sleeve. He really needs to get going and bring some good vibes to the team

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
This team has way too many guys who feel sorry for themselves and sulk

Same thing last year after losing to Vegas

Compare it to Florida last seasons , they got close and had their hearts broken but they used it as motivation and came out flying

This team just looks disinterested/ exasperated minus a couple players

I don’t want to just blame it on Connor but the team goes as he goes, and he definitely wears his heart on his sleeve. He really needs to get going and bring some good vibes to the team
I said it above, kind of tongue in cheek, but I think it has played a part.

A lot of them don't look like they have any joy or happiness playing right now

Reactions: Duke74 and sepHF

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
agreed, in general, he's been our worst D this year.
When you're getting outplayed by f***in Troy Stetcher (no offense to him, I honestly really like how he plays with how small he is compared to your average dman) on a consistent basis, with the draft pedigree Bouch has he should honestly be embarrassed. If he continues to play like this and his contract starts with anything over like an 8 it'll be an overpay. If Bouch isn't scoring he's basically useless. Ekholm makes up for Bouch's defensive deficiencies but the Viking can only stop the boat from sinking for so long.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
When you're getting outplayed by f***in Troy Stetcher (no offense to him, I honestly really like how he plays with how small he is compared to your average dman) on a consistent basis, with the draft pedigree Bouch has he should honestly be embarrassed. If he continues to play like this and his contract starts with anything over like an 8 it'll be an overpay. If Bouch isn't scoring he's basically useless. Ekholm makes up for Bouch's defensive deficiencies but the Viking can only stop the boat from sinking for so long.
I wonder if it's the pressure from the season he had last year.
maybe he's out thinking himself?

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
You need management who can identify this. You don't just give Bouch a sh** load of money. He would have to be an 80+ point dman every year minimum to command what he reportedly wants.

It's different management, but then again, he could just say he should be making at minimum 9.26M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad