PGT: Game 9: Czech Republic 1 - Russia 2

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
I mean I don't see hockey sense at all there. You can tell from the looks of just a couple of shifts why he struggles to put up respectable numbers even at the junior level. No feel of linemates whatsoever, just takes the puck runs up ice, gives it away, and back to the bench with a bum ass look.
He has a good vision on the ice and he can open up passing lanes. Skating is good. Stats are just fine, but nothing great though. However the rest of his game is lacking so much. When opponents don't give him space and his linemates are not open he just doesn't know how to adjust his game. So one-dimensional.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Are we allowed to decline powerplays? Notice Varada is starting to shift up our lines a little. Pekar has looked very dangerous. We got a lot of good chances when Big 3 was together. I don't want them together the whole time but we need to do that more as well.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Since 2011 and to these days russian junior squad doesn't know what the PP is and how they should behalf on it. Different faces, same crap year after year. Also that Alexeyev guy is supposed to be a puckmover or whatever to make it work. Instead, all he does is taking penalties and Bragin puts that stonehanded pylon Samorukov out there who can't handle a simple pass..

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Russian team is all about defense right now. It was terrific in the CHL series, it's terrific at the tournament, but that's it. We don't have any offense.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
He has a good vision on the ice and he can open up passing lanes. Skating is good. Stats are just fine, but nothing great though. However the rest of his game is lacking so much. When opponents don't give him space and his linemates are not open he just doesn't know how to adjust his game. So one-dimensional.
I don't think his vision is any good. He has speed and relatively good hands but otherwise he's plain dumb as a player. Not sure why he was a 1st rounder but after Yakupov I guess nothing should surprise anyone.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
It’s shocking given the talent the talent you guys have up front on this roster how bad the PP has been.
We don't have a single quality PP quarterback. Last year we had Hajek, who was one of the top defensemen of the WJC.
It feels like the classic punish the guys that go to North America to me...
Unfortunately yes. That and Varada's love affair with 99's.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Russian team is all about defense right now. It was terrific in the CHL series, it's terrific at the tournament, but that's it. We don't have any offense.
It hasnt been about offense since their last gold medal. Bragin just doesnt get it when he doesn't have star caliber players. He's all about motivational "Go get em! For the homeland" stuff but as a coach he doesnt bring much to the table

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Russia looks like the usual yearly serving of fool's gold. I have become so indifferent and generally numbed by their crap I'm doing the Yao Ming face right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad