Post-Game Talk: Game 82: Preds @ Wild | 7:00 PM CST | FOX Sports TN | End of an Era!!!!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Sooooo..

file under "WOULDA, COULDA, SHOULDA"

one single regulation goal against Dallas in our last game with them, and we would be in the playoffs...

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Sooooo..

file under "WOULDA, COULDA, SHOULDA"

one single regulation goal against Dallas in our last game with them, and we would be in the playoffs...

I mentioned when we played Dallas that we would have to win that game to be in the playoffs. It was a must win game. If they had won that game in regulation, we would have been in the playoffs. Oh well. Maybe they didn't want to go to the playoffs but instead take it easy and play some golf...lol.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I mentioned when we played Dallas that we would have to win that game to be in the playoffs. It was a must win game. If they had won that game, we would have been in the playoffs. Oh well. Maybe they didn't want to go to the playoffs but instead take it easy and play some golf...lol.

Or maybe Dallas wanted it just as much as we did. Game went to a shootout. Like i said, one lucky bounce goes our way in the third period... but of course no guarantee the rest of the games would have gone as they did for us or Dallas

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
^^^True but it would have at least given us a chance at the playoffs even if a slime chance. The loss to Dallas gave us no chance to get into the playoffs after that. Oh well. I do believe the Preds gave it their best effort to win that game though, especially in the second and third period. Just came up short in OT like you said. Maybe next year.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
No such thing as a moral victory in my book. It will set in next week when the Preds are not in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year.

Nice to see the guys finish the way they did. Something must of happened. I have never seen a Preds team look so loose and having fun.

Guess we will find out this week!

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Awesome way to end the season!! Seven goals in back to back games, I think I heard them say we've never done that (14 goals in 2 games) in our history! :handclap:

The nice elbow to Weber's face is what set him off.

People always have an excuse for when their team loses to Nashville. It can't possibly be that little ole Nashville actually was better that night than your perfect team.

And as always, Suck it Suter.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Awesome way to end the season!! Seven goals in back to back games, I think I heard them say we've never done that (14 goals in 2 games) in our history! :handclap:

People always have an excuse for when their team loses to Nashville. It can't possibly be that little ole Nashville actually was better that night than your perfect team.

And as always, Suck it Suter.

yeah, playoff teams with "nothing to play for" often lay an egg in games like these, but I can't imagine that the plan was to blow their goalies confidence heading into the playoffs…

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Phoenix just won. That makes us finish 19th in the league and 3 pts out of a playoff spot. If someone had told me this a few weeks ago I would have laughed.

And what is our prize for doing that? Congrats! You now have the 11th pick in the draft instead of the 6th or better.

With that said I am happy with the way they played down the stretch but you can't really look into that last couple games all that much. The Wild and the Hawks had nothing to play for so those two blowouts mean little imo.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
And what is our prize for doing that? Congrats! You now have the 11th pick in the draft instead of the 6th or better.

With that said I am happy with the way they played down the stretch but you can't really look into that last couple games all that much. The Wild and the Hawks had nothing to play for so those two blowouts mean little imo.

#12 pick. One less point and the Preds would be picking at 10. Good thing for those ROW

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net

It was a bit more than that. I saw it right away on the Wild broadcast: He drew blood. There was a cut on Shea's right cheek, and Cooke apparently opened it - and it was incredibly obvious.

The homers on FSN North didn't even say anything, of course.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Really how does that work>?

NJ gets the last pick in the first round due to the Kovalchuk penalty

The NHL alters their punishment on the Devils for the Ilya Kovalchuk cap circumvention. They are given the 30th overall pick in the 2014, which they are not allowed to trade or transfer to another team. The NHL is also forgiving $1.5 million of the fine. **Original penalty ** New Jersey must forfeit their 2014 1st round pick as a penalty from the NHL for circumventing the cap when signing Ilya Kovalchuk. They also forfeited their 2011 3rd round pick and $3 million.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013

Never change Hfboards Preds posters. :shakehead

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

What's the prize in losing out? Oh yeah a 6th overall pick who could end up as much of a bust as the 11th pick. I just don't get the tank mentality.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: