GDT: Game # 81 - New York Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres - 7pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Thanks. The longer they delay the better.
So when we inevitably go 7 games we can start our next series with one day rest? Didn't we one time have game 1 the day after a game 7 too or am I misremembering? At most we had 1 day off between our series last year. By the time we put the Canes away we were half cooked and an extra day before that series or after that series would have been very helpful to take on the Lightning.

NHL already builds in at least 2 days off between regular season and playoffs so the extra day is better served coming at a later point in the playoffs.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not conceding 2nd just yet, not even 1st. In this crazy NHL where any team can beat any other team on any given night.....ain't over till the fat lady sings our goal song.

Just happy the Devils nor Canes are playing a team in Bedard sweepstakes.
Speaking of......
O.T. Shouldn't the NHL make the pctgs. a little closer betwixt the 1st, 2nd and 3rd ball droppings? I mean, by the minimal seperation, it would prevent or at least minimize every possible team from literally "hoping" to win by losing. Not saying they THROW the games, but wouldn't YOU want to be playing alongside Bedard?

Could jump up your stats 20-30 pts, which means better contract.

Personally, wouldn't mind Bedard on Columbus to see him more often. But would be a nightmare should he go to Anaheim alongside Zegras.
Going to San Jose, would actually be best for Rangers though,
even though they're lightyears away from us and out of conference.

Hmmm, no mention of Rangers catching them. Guess Vince knows best. NOT! Slim chance, but that seems a bit negative.

Reactions: yrrebbor

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
What are the odds that we're playing the Devils first round? Is it basically confirmed at this point? Is Luke Hughes gonna play?
It's likely but not a done deal yet. We could mathematically still win the division but that's a very slim chance. I doubt the Devils are playing Hughes in the playoffs since he has never played an NHL game.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
It's likely but not a done deal yet. We could mathematically still win the division but that's a very slim chance. I doubt the Devils are playing Hughes in the playoffs since he has never played an NHL game.
He's been practising with the team and Ruff said he's playing in one of the next couple games, idk it wouldn't be that crazy for a 4th overall pick in his D+2 to join them in the playoffs, especially with his brother on the team. I went to Quinn Hughes first NHL game when he came at the tail end of the season and he was absolutely electric out of the gate, and that was his D+1 not D+2 like Luke

Reactions: yrrebbor

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
He's been practising with the team and Ruff said he's playing in one of the next couple games, idk it wouldn't be that crazy for a 4th overall pick in his D+2 to join them in the playoffs, especially with his brother on the team. I went to Quinn Hughes first NHL game when he came at the tail end of the season and he was absolutely electric out of the gate, and that was his D+1 not D+2 like Luke
I could see playing in 1 of the next 2 games but throwing him in there in the playoffs is a little risky but anything is possible.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
No pizza today?
Turkey!
Speaking of which, one of the best pizzas I’ve had although blasphemous to NY pizza snobs, was this Turkey dinner pizza they had at this chain called Boston Pizza. It had Turkey, stuffing, rosemary sage cream sauce, cranberry sauce & gravy. So good

festive-pizza.jpeg

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Turkey!
Speaking of which, one of the best pizzas I’ve had although blasphemous to NY pizza snobs, was this Turkey dinner pizza they had at this chain called Boston Pizza. It had Turkey, stuffing, rosemary sage cream sauce, cranberry sauce & gravy. So good

festive-pizza.jpeg
This is a war crime in at least 7 internationally recognized governing organizations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad