Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Dallas 5 BRUINS 2

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
How much time did Zadorov and Lohrei play together this year? Grzelcyk and Forbort's +/- have more to do with the offense the Bruins were putting up.
Zadorov only works with McAvoy. They need to grow cohessiveness with that pair. Him with Carlo and Peeke isn't ideal IMO. Carlo / Lindholm works, should never be broken up. No idea why they don't just stick with pairs and let them work it out together.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Zadorov only works with McAvoy. They need to grow cohessiveness with that pair. Him with Carlo and Peeke isn't ideal IMO. Carlo / Lindholm works, should never be broken up. No idea why they don't just stick with pairs and let them work it out together.
They switch the defense pairs every game, it seems. I too would like them to keep stuff intact for longer that 9 minutes.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I enjoyed Brazeau's last two games.He looked more comfortable.
Good puck sense. Crashes around the crease if need be. Tough to move off the puck. And I have to say he's an excellent passer.

As a whole there was more compete by the forwards last night yet with a loss as a result.
Those penalties...what a momentum killer.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
This is why you make swayman prove he's elite with a bridge deal
He has been very average at best, he was outplayed by the Stars back up who made some great saves all game long not just once in a while.

I enjoyed Brazeau's last two games.He looked more comfortable.
Good puck sense. Crashes around the crease if need be. Tough to move off the puck. And I have to say he's an excellent passer.

As a whole there was more compete by the forwards last night yet with a loss as a result.
Those penalties...what a momentum killer.
That entire line was noticeable all game, its a beginning

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Hes paid to be the answer though which was the point of paying him 64 million. Basically he's only as good as the team in front of him similar to most goalies who don't command that type of contract.

He's keeping this team from getting absolutely blown out on a nightly basis. The Bruins have the 6th highest xGA this season and are giving up to may easy chances in the high danger area.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Zadorov's best game in the physical department as a bruins. first game wo a penalty as well.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
I truly hate to say this, and it’s more gut feel than data at this point because normally I’d be on the ride out the early season jitters side, but I think we are looking at the arrival of the true post Bergeron era, and are in for some very, very tough years
I'll be there for those tough years. Its been a solid 15 yr or so competitive run. Time does have an expiration date though.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Monty needs to set his D pairings and leave them alone for a time and hopefully they start to jell. Communication on between D-man is so critical.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
He's keeping this team from getting absolutely blown out on a nightly basis. The Bruins have the 6th highest xGA this season and are giving up to may easy chances in the high danger area.
That first goal he let up was on what teammate? He's been playing like a very good back up. He better get better soon if we are going to have a season worth watching.

He was also small on TS goal, the other night he had a few softies as well. The entire team is playing below expectation lets not start with the Swayman is king shit.

Because he's far from playing like an elite goalie right now.

Jorgolyte

Jun 9, 2024
I wanted to trade Swayman in June but let's not be ridiculous here. G position is the last one on Earth we have to complain or worry about

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
How much time did Zadorov and Lohrei play together this year? Grzelcyk and Forbort's +/- have more to do with the offense the Bruins were putting up.

Reason I say this is because Grzelcyk and Forbort combined for 5 points in 40 games to start last season. Grzelcyk had 1 in his first 20. If you're going to make that comparison, Zadorov and Lohrei have a combined 7 in 15 games.
Lohrei easily could be -4 or -5 with his JV HS level give aways he has been bailed out on. And or two nice offensive plays doesn't excuse consistent trash defense. Cruz was better early last year than Lohrei and Forbort was better than Zadorov. Don't know ow you can argue otherwise.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
I'd argue he absolutely is a premier #1 defenseman, just as Pastrnak is a premier top 5 winger.

The issue is the roster decreases in talent year over year and these two along with Marchand believe they have to be the offense, the defense, the physicality, the leadership, the Bergeron.

It's a lot to expect even at their salaries.
Please make your case that he absolutely a premier number one d man.. I would love to hear this. A premier number one who is awful on the PP… a premier number one bad in the playoffs… am I missing something here? He is overpaid.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Lohrei easily could be -4 or -5 with his JV HS level give aways he has been bailed out on. And or two nice offensive plays doesn't excuse consistent trash defense. Cruz was better early last year than Lohrei and Forbort was better than Zadorov. Don't know ow you can argue otherwise.
I'm arguing that you're using +/- to flex their play when they contributed next to nothing offensively. Lets re-visit this after more than 6-8 games.

Their inflated +/- might have something to do with Pastrnaks 8 goals and 13 points through 8 games, Marchand with 8 points in 8 games, Coyle with 5 points, Zacha producing, etc.

Last edited:

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
Aside from Makar then are there any good defensemen in the NHL?
Umm yes.. Josi JM Hughes Mo seider Adam fox. Im sure I am forgetting some other ones. I’m not saying he isn’t good. I’m saying he isn’t a premier number one d man. Not the way he has been playing. He cannot run a PP and I don’t understand why they keep letting him even try. We have seen plenty of it.. it simply doesn’t work. Yes he is good in his own zone. But he also is a turnover machine he doesn’t even think sometimes with the puck . And again he doesn’t elevate his game in the post season. We would be far worse without him but he just has been flat out awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamBamCam

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not going to point at particular lines/D-pairs or any particular players, because I believe the problems run deeper than that right now.

The bottom line for me......where is the tight team defensive structure that we've all become accustomed to seeing from this franchise? Since 2007-08, the foundation of this team's success has always been it's defensive structure.

Sweeney and Neely attacked this off-season so the Bruins would once again be a Top 5 defensive team along with an (admittedly) questionable offense.

Instead it's been open season in front of the Bruins goaltenders. Inability to control transition through the neutral zone. Easy zone entries. Running around and losing coverage down low and in front. Going out of their way to make big hits but leaving opposing players open.

Until they fix those issues and get back to being one of the strongest defensive teams in the league, they have no chance of success. Fix that first, and then maybe they can find a way to generate more offense.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Giveaways and penalties. It’s the story of the season so far.

You can reconfigure the lines all you want, but until this changes, it doesn’t matter who plays with whom.

That said, breaking up the SINGLE SOLITARY LINE that seemed to be able to execute, is one of those decisions that makes me want Monty to choke on his own dirty sweatsocks.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1729867805843.jpeg

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad