Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Dallas 5 BRUINS 2

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Problem thus far is they tried to establish a "heavy" identity early on with Florida and the whole thing just imploded, with bad penalties and no discipline. Now it's like they don't know what Plan B is.
Chasing Matty mouthguard b***h Tkackuk around is NOT a "heavy" identity. Through 8 games they have NOT tried to establish this game plan at ALL. With the exception of the 4th line and a few Zadorov hits.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
How can Marchand say they have a lack of respect for the game when he's leading the charge taking dumb costly penalties when they are gaining momentum? He's definitely not the only one but kind of a weird thing to say considering his clear on ice frustrations.

Reactions: Gordoff

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
1000033848.jpg

• Love
Reactions: dabid

MartyLapointe20

Dec 20, 2023
Thought they at least had a pulse in the 3rd period but it was too little, too late. Finally seen a sense of urgency with some good forechecks and finished hits. Unfortunately, it seems like scorings going to be a problem for this team even when they do get going. So many of those how didn’t anyone bury that around net moments the past few games. For the new guys - E Lindholm looked flat tonight, but thought Zadorov looked a little stronger and more engaged. But the whole team is trying to figure out their identity. We all thought last year was supposed to be the bridge year they had to get through, and then we would have the cap space to bolster the roster for the foreseeable future, but all of the roster changes doesn’t feel like Bruins hockey yet. Miss that 22-23 team … at least they were entertaining to watch every night. Hopefully it’s just early struggles like it was for Edmonton last year - they had to fire their coach to light a spark. Saturday nights a big game for the Bruins and Leafs … we’ll see how it goes. They better be high flying out of the gates.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I really don't understand this trend of pulling the goalie with so much time left on the clock.
Still had three minutes left tonight, should have waited until the last minute.
Seems like a freebie for the other team.
Pulling the goalie with so much time left (two consecutive games) is a desperation move.

Boston was pressing Dallas, should have given them two more minutes to try and come within one before pulling Swayman.
But no, let's throw a hail Mary with three minutes left on the clock.
I just don't get it.
It reeks of desperation
Or
A coach who has lost confidence in his team.
It reeks of desperation because they are desperate and Monty is lost as to what else to do. Doesn't even use a time-out when they're running around like headless chickens.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I love how Marchand is saying they’re losing due to “lack of respect”

Dearest Bradley, that’s on you my guy. You’ve pinpointed a problem. Please repair.
That idiotic penalty that he took when he two handed the Dallas player in his mid-section was just the dumbest shit play that I've seen him commit in a while. Mistakes happen but acting like a punk is pathetic.

Reactions: bruins19

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
How can Marchand say they have a lack of respect for the game when he's leading the charge taking dumb costly penalties when they are gaining momentum? He's definitely not the only one but kind of a weird thing to say considering his clear on ice frustrations.
I have a slightly different "Hot" take on Marchand's comments about the Montgomery pushing situation.
Of course it's speculation...

He has learned the art of diplomacy (probably from watching Bergeron) when publicly speaking.
He knows not to bite the hand that feeds him.
He said all the right things to try and repair any damage, set an example, and build team moral.

All the while inside he's pissed about the situation, pissed at himself because he's not playing to his own standards, and is frustrated that the team as a whole is playing so poorly.
He is a competitor driven to win.
Hence his words about respect and leading by example.

People can say what they want about his play and age.
Marchand may be far from perfect, he makes mistakes and sometimes takes dumb penalties.
But he shows up to play each game with intensity, passion and determination.
He'll walk on the knife edge of breaking rules to do whatever it takes to win.
He'll play when he is hurting.
I wish the rest of the team played with at least half of his pride.

As someone once said, "too many passengers."

MartyLapointe20

Dec 20, 2023
The Good:
  • There were moments when they generated chances
  • Zadarov laying some big hits
The Bad:
  • The 2nd period
  • Too many penalties again (Marchand's cross-check was stupid and unnecessary)
  • The PK
The Ugly:
  • This season so far
Agree. Along with Zadorovs big hits - Pasta had a big bone crushing hit that rattled their Dman. That fired me up. He tried to get it going again in the 3rd with another one. He hurts himself every year in the playoffs trying to play that game but tonight they looked cleaner even with the full head of steam.

Last edited:

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Most damning thing as pointed out in the ass end of the GDT;

"what's this team's identity?"

"they don't have one"

And therein is the problem. What is this team? They're big but not tough. They have mobile, puck moving defenseman that can't actually move the puck anywhere but the other team's sticks. They have supposedly good two way forwards that don't seem all that interested in playing at either end of the ice. They can't even make a breakout pass without having a brain aneurism and sending it a foot behind or in front of the guy.

I'm not super anti-Montgomery like some but if it keeps going like this, something will have to change. And as the old adage goes, you can't fire the players.
You had me until the last paragraph.

You might not be wrong, but in fairness, I don’t think Monty, or any other coach could get too much more, certainly not enough more, to be successful this year.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Boston was pressing Dallas, should have given them two more minutes to try and come within one before pulling Swayman.
But no, let's throw a hail Mary with three minutes left on the clock.
I just don't get it.
It reeks of desperation
Or
A coach who has lost confidence in his team.
..or the players have lost confidence in their coach

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You had me until the last paragraph.

You might not be wrong, but in fairness, I don’t think Monty, or any other coach could get too much more, certainly not enough more, to be successful this year.
Oh no I get it. Like I even said I'm not super against Monty but if changes are going to come, there's only one reasonable choice they could make.

Whether or not it would be the right one is up for question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad