Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Dallas 5 BRUINS 2

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I dunno, I’m more encouraged than I was after the previous two games, after which I was disgusted with them. At least they looked like a hockey team tonight, rather than a ringette team trying to play with a hockey puck. Baby steps I guess.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
If you think of it, the only real subtractions were JDB and Heinen...guys who should have been replaceable. They gambled on one or both of Lysell and Merkulov to make the team to compensate and that was a no go. Now they have 3 3rd lines.
They also as per usually have no secondary scoring. They lack true talent in the top six. I don’t see things getting better anytime soon. The defense on paper should be near the top in the league and they just suck. The amount of turnovers is just ungodly. This team doesn’t even fight back or show that they give a crap. I said it when he signed that contract but Mac is over paid and I think he has forgot how to play hockey. It’s atrocious to watch. This team has no identity and it’s one thing to lose but take it out on the other team and show that you guys want it. I hate to be doom and gloom but this team is what it is. Going to be a long season.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
View attachment 921150
yogi-bear-sleeping.gif

View attachment 921153
View attachment 921156
View attachment 921157

Pasta was the 3rd star?!
NOT SURE IF SERIOUS.JPG
Not sure if serious...

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff

MaineToColorado

Dec 26, 2023
I dunno, I’m more encouraged than I was after the previous two games, after which I was disgusted with them. At least they looked like a hockey team tonight, rather than a ringette team trying to play with a hockey puck. Baby steps I guess.

That second period was one of the worst periods of hockey I've seen the Bruins play in some time.

The most insulting part of all of this is that nobody seems to care. Break a stick, throw a glove, yell at a teammate, do anything to show a slight bit of passion. We were spoiled going from Chara to Bergy but, on the ice, there seems to be zero leadership from this group.

They are a rudderless ship with zero identity. This is a Bruins team without an identity. A big loss to the Leafs and I want to see changes - and I'm completely open to scratching guys from the top six.

Losing sucks but it's not the end of the world. Losing when it's up in the air as to whether you even care shouldn't be accepted in this franchise.

Reactions: Sheppy and Gordoff

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I really don't understand this trend of pulling the goalie with so much time left on the clock.
Still had three minutes left tonight, should have waited until the last minute.
Seems like a freebie for the other team.
Pulling the goalie with so much time left (two consecutive games) is a desperation move.

Boston was pressing Dallas, should have given them two more minutes to try and come within one before pulling Swayman.
But no, let's throw a hail Mary with three minutes left on the clock.
I just don't get it.
It reeks of desperation
Or
A coach who has lost confidence in his team.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Home from another disappointment

Except for some brief periods of focus the Bs played an uninspired game. Little passion, limited hitting and painfully slow decision-making- it looked like a bunch of guys skating around with no discernible structure or plan- at both ends of the ice.

Don't want to sound like the sky is falling after only eight games but if Toronto comes in and posts a convincing win, a change behind the bench goes from speculation to likelihood.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
McAvoy just said Sacco is a great PK coach. That usually indicates the players are comfortable with their laziness and do not want to see a coaching change.

The same McAvoy who was an absolute no show all last post season? The same McAvoy who has yet to show up this year? He has become a bum

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Friday, October 25 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)

• Practice, 11:30 a.m.
  • Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following practice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad