Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Dallas 5 BRUINS 2

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
This team just isn't fun to watch this year. I see people pointing fingers at various players but the reality is as a whole nobody is playing up to their standard, nobody is good, many many people are bad.
They are sooooooo ssssssssssssslllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Being slow creates many of their other problems. I do not see an easy or obvious fix.
They think slowly too.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Dave Lewis shaved his 'stache and head and is behind the B's bench.
Dave Lewis was completely worthless and must’ve set a new world record for too many men on the ice penalties. Couldn’t count to five. Marchand ‘s crosschecking penalty tonight was undisciplined and selfish. Pasta, whose hockey IQ sometimes drops to single digits, had two penalties that were dumb. Have to stay out of the box.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Well we have no goaltending anyway so.
Quebec's top secret underground lab where they genetically engineered all the top goalies broke and they haven't been able to fix it.

Imagine going from Brodeur/Roy/Jospeh to Brodeur/Luongo/Fleury to Binnington/Jarry/Montembeault

Disgusting. The fact guys like Skinner and Jarry were in the conversation just underlines how dire it is lmao.

Reactions: BTO

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This too. This isn't a new problem either. I've watched hockey a long time but i can't even remember the Bruins letting a team get under their skin as much as Florida does. Those battles with Montreal back in the 10s were nasty but they could dish it almost as well as they could take it. Not the case here.

They straight up turn into rabid chimps when they play the Panthers. No serious team does that. Hell the Oilers went 7 with them in the cup final and actually managed to stave off most of the typical Panthers mind games/BS.
What does this have to do with tonight's game?

Reactions: Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
McAvoy shows he can be just as terrible on the PK as on the PP.

Four minor penalties from Marchand and Pasta. Also 5 giveaways between them.

Swayman will be asking for a trade after this season. But no one will want him because of his contract.

Wotherspoon's insertion certainly didn't help any.

Zadorov knocked people down and Freddy showed some life.

I give Marchand a half pass because of age and surgeries, but McAvoy and Pasta wear 'A's for this team and just aren't getting it done at the moment as leaders and examples to follow. Same goes for Carlo and Coyle in an unofficial capacity. Time was when we had alternate captains like Bergeron, Krejci, Recchi or a younger Marchand. Now.....it don't look so good. The lack of leadership is quite apparent, the weight of it on those in position perhaps even more so.

None of the leadership group except for Brad has any exposure to a genuine regular season crisis. As we're approaching that territory, how will they respond?

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
Before the game I said-

"Dallas has the best PK in the league and both team's have terrible PPs so I'm guessing this one will be won even strength with good goaltending"

Nailed it :laugh: but seriously I can't believe they gave up 3 PP goals in 8 and a half minutes of play. Terrible. Dumb penalties and weak PK unit

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
They didn't go to sleep, they were busy taking penalties, not clearing the zone, not hitting, not completing passes, not shooting, not winning any battles, falling down, falling on your goalie, giving pucks away, and being badly coached! So it's not like they weren't busy.
wait till Saturday, if Toronto's backup goalie doesn't have a stroke during the game it will be ugly for the Bruins! Montys days are numbered!
View attachment 921175
View attachment 921176

How does a team completely go to sleep for 15 minutes of hockey? outshot 15-0, took three penalties, gave up 4 goals including 3 on the PP. How does the friggin' coach not call a timeout somewhere in there? good grief.

Reactions: Gordoff and KWbruin

KWbruin

May 29, 2019
Kitchener, ON
McAvoy just said Sacco is a great PK coach. That usually indicates the players are comfortable with their laziness and do not want to see a coaching change.
he said that? after the team is killing penalties at a 60% rate over the last four games? perhaps he was tongue in cheek trying to get Sacco fired? this team is very frustrating and not that much fun to watch right now.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
It's a powerplay league. They take too many penalties and lose the special teams battle. Same story when they play Florida.

Fix the PP and take less penalties, this team wins a lot more games. Fixing the PP has been a top issue for a while but doesnt seem to happen
What you continually hear about Bruce Cassidy is how much time he put into the Power Play. Even Frank Vatrano praised him for it on a Chiclets interview, and he wasn't even on it.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Before the game I said-

"Dallas has the best PK in the league and both team's have terrible PPs so I'm guessing this one will be won even strength with good goaltending"

Nailed it :laugh: but seriously I can't believe they gave up 3 PP goals in 8 and a half minutes of play. Terrible. Dumb penalties and weak PK unit

With terrible PK to match terrible PP, at least that combo will make all the player's plus/minus numbers look better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad