Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
55ad7750add713143b427ec3_golf-tours-news-blogs-local-knowledge-bb5.gif
Well played.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Undisciplined and mentally fragile.
This too. This isn't a new problem either. I've watched hockey a long time but i can't even remember the Bruins letting a team get under their skin as much as Florida does. Those battles with Montreal back in the 10s were nasty but they could dish it almost as well as they could take it. Not the case here.

They straight up turn into rabid chimps when they play the Panthers. No serious team does that. Hell the Oilers went 7 with them in the cup final and actually managed to stave off most of the typical Panthers mind games/BS.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
McAvoy shows he can be just as terrible on the PK as on the PP.

Four minor penalties from Marchand and Pasta. Also 5 giveaways between them.

Swayman will be asking for a trade after this season. But no one will want him because of his contract.

Wotherspoon's insertion certainly didn't help any.

Zadorov knocked people down and Freddy showed some life.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
We've got confused players not covering their man, not completing easy passes, out of position all the time, no fire in the belly or hunger in their eyes.
Montgomery isn't understanding what to do with all of the new beef that was put in front of him. The players seem to be tuning him out or not sure what to do or where to be.
PK is now limping, PP is non existent and is a net zero.
Not sure if Sacco or Leach would know what to do at this point.
IMO a hard-0, no nonsense structure coach who isn't afraid to coach a dump & chase, and tight defensive system is needed. These guys are lost and confused.
Paging Mr. Julien,

Would have to trade for him I guess

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
As someone who until now has preached concerned patience, I feel like things are coming to a head quicker than anticipated. Toronto game on Saturday feels like a real line in the sand. If the Bruins win, Monty buys some time, they lose narrowly in OT or whatever that may not be fatal but the voices will only grow louder, but a bad loss may have instant consequences. Huge night coming up.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
He probably would not even be playing if he wasn't hoping to play in the 4 nations cup.

I truly believe this. He would have sat out much longer to fully heal
I've already invested $100.00 on this BRUINS team. That's what a season of Center Ice costs.
As a hockey lover I'm not liking this BRUINS team. As a music lover I hate the Grammys.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
As someone who until now has preached concerned patience, I feel like things are coming to a head quicker than anticipated. Toronto game on Saturday feels like a real line in the sand. If the Bruins win, Monty buys some time, they lose narrowly in OT or whatever that may not be fatal but the voices will only grow louder, but a bad loss may have instant consequences. Huge night coming up.
Can't wait for Saturday's game

Geekie? What about Frederick and the penalty box gurus Marchand and Pasta?
Freddy was much better tonight

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
The BRUINS have no identity at this point. A great team to play for if one is in the witness protection program.
They are lazy and arrogant period. When a 19 year old, 4th line , and goaltending is your stars every night , your not going anywhere! Pastrnak has become a very expensive Mike Hoffman and McAvoy is brutal! The new guys except for Penalty Jones are doing their job, we just need the others to follow suit. Defence is non existent , so Lohrie and Witherspoon should play every night!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Didn't the Bad News Bears win the championship though?

Yeah well I doubt he'll be playing in it anyway at this rate.
Never underestimate Hockey Canada's ability to let the past dictate the future.

"20 year old Stamkos tearing up the league? naaaah we don't need that let's bring Brendan Morrow because of grit!" 2010 GM (they won gold but still what the hell guys?)

Shit if they had it their way they'd probably try to drag Bergeron out of retirement so him and Marchand could ride with Sid again despite the latter being the only guy who can apparently still play hockey.

Reactions: BTO

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I hope something changes before Saturday.

Reactions: MaineToColorado

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
We've got confused players not covering their man, not completing easy passes, out of position all the time, no fire in the belly or hunger in their eyes.
Montgomery isn't understanding what to do with all of the new beef that was put in front of him. The players seem to be tuning him out or not sure what to do or where to be.
PK is now limping, PP is non existent and is a net zero.
Not sure if Sacco or Leach would know what to do at this point.
IMO a hard-0, no nonsense structure coach who isn't afraid to coach a dump & chase, and tight defensive system is needed. These guys are lost and confused.
They have to wait til the Flyers fire Torts before they can fire Monty

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
This team just isn't fun to watch this year. I see people pointing fingers at various players but the reality is as a whole nobody is playing up to their standard, nobody is good, many many people are bad.
They are sooooooo ssssssssssssslllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Being slow creates many of their other problems. I do not see an easy or obvious fix.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Never underestimate Hockey Canada's ability to let the past dictate the future.

"20 year old Stamkos tearing up the league? naaaah we don't need that let's bring Brendan Morrow because of grit!" 2010 GM (they won gold but still what the hell guys?)

Shit if they had it their way they'd probably try to drag Bergeron out of retirement so him and Marchand could ride with Sid again despite the latter being the only guy who can apparently still play hockey.
Well we have no goaltending anyway so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad