Post-Game Talk: Game 8: Winnipeg Jets at Seattle Kraken

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I wouldn't say I'm deflated, more like semi-flated. We got a point we probably didn't deserve thanks to Matty's 3-point game. Lots of good news there.

Reactions: The Marquis

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Jets fan here.

Very impressed by your squad. You guys had us on the ropes. Good luck you guys, I think your team is going to do well this year. That Matty kid looks like a keeper.
Feels like we are still trying to get a couple of our lines figured out chemistry wise. On top of that grubauers form when he plays has been sketchy at times. Hoping it clicks but it feels a bit like the krakens second season when they had lots of depth

Carolina, Montreal and Toronto coming up. How many points do we get from that?

Reactions: Carbooja and hn777

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Was watching Carolina - Calgary before the Kraken game started, the Hurricanes look shit hot already. The first half of the game was all Carolina and it was ugly.

1729833721523.png

Reactions: hn777

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Bylsma’s post game press conference was among the worst I’ve ever watched. It was like he was travelling back and forth through a bank tube and could only when the tube stopped moving, but he kept trying anyway.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Some positive takeaways from the game:

- Beniers found the anti-venom. And also some Monster energy drinks.
- Had a solid comeback despite being two goals down
- Got a point.

Things to work on:

- Too many defensive miscues. Most of our GA seem to be self inflicted.
- Lack of consistency between periods. Is really hard to win games or stay in games with the kind of drop-off we have seen between periods. More so given the lack of elite talent.

The Montour signing is looking a like a terrific move from Francis. More so with the early injury to Dunn. This team has shown that it can be competitive against very good teams. And the issues do seems fixable through coaching.

Reactions: kihei

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
It was a good comeback. Might have been a different game if they hadn't disallowed that one goal earlier. They are playing fast and that's encouraging.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Who knows that worldwide though? It's a bizarre name but if I'm being honest I don't know what else Winnipeg is known for.

Gah so close
What Winnipeg is known for depends on who you ask or what circles you move in.

Originally, Winnipeg was a transportation hub, nicknamed the Chicago of the North. Today it's mostly known as a cultural hub. The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is the oldest continually operating ballet in North America and is known throughout the world. The Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre draws a lot of attention, especially from American critics. Time Magazine listed Winnipeg as one of the World's Greatest Places because of the art gallery. Winnipeg is the only Canadian city to receive 5 stars in the Michelin Guide, which really pissed off Toronto.

Instead of me rambling on, just do a Google on "what is winnipeg known for" and you can get tons of stuff.

Lately, we're known for starting the season 7-0 despite the Kraken outplaying us. Didn't think it was going to happen, you've got a solid team that works hard. If you develop a bit more scoring touch you'll go deep in the playoffs.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto

Originally, Winnipeg was a transportation hub, nicknamed the Chicago of the North. Today it's mostly known as a cultural hub. The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is the oldest continually operating ballet in North America and is known throughout the world. The Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre draws a lot of attention, especially from American critics. Time Magazine listed Winnipeg as one of the World's Greatest Places because of the art gallery. Winnipeg is the only Canadian city to receive 5 stars in the Michelin Guide, which really pissed off Toronto.
The Winnipeg Ballerinas has a nice ring to it. And, yes, that 5 star rating does irk. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Stumbledore

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa

Instead of me rambling on, just do a Google on "what is winnipeg known for" and you can get tons of stuff.

Lately, we're known for starting the season 7-0 despite the Kraken outplaying us. Didn't think it was going to happen, you've got a solid team that works hard. If you develop a bit more scoring touch you'll go deep in the playoffs.
Wasn't meaning to be a dick about it btw. Was just a throwaway comment during the game that came to my head as I genuinely wasn't sure. I'm originally from Scotland where the stereotype is tartan, haggis, kilts, castles, monsters etc which isn't really representative.

• Love
Reactions: Stumbledore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad