GDT: Game 8 - SKA vs Avengard September 23 12:30 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sukimono

Mar 27, 2009
PQ
He'll be fine lol
Ain't nobody suggesting he won't be, lol. But the way he's been playing i don't give a shit if he's 14 years old he has no business being sub-10 mins of ice time. Now should he be ineffective and lost on the ice that'd be a completely different discussion. Not worried about the Demidov in the slightest though, as i said, he's been great.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Ain't nobody suggesting he won't be, lol. But the way he's been playing i don't give a shit if he's 14 years old he has no business being sub-10 mins of ice time. Now should he be ineffective and lost on the ice that'd be a completely different discussion. Not worried about the Demidov in the slightest though, as i said, he's been great.
I get it...but the sooner we understand that SKA/Rotenberg don't give a **** about us or what we think is best for Demidov, the better it is for us lol.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I'm not watching the games or tracking his ice time, but is he actually sub-10 mins of ice time? Not in specific games, but in general? Because the KHL website Says he has 1 game with less than 11 mins TOI and only two with less than 10 mins ES TOI:

Reactions: Trabdy2

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Demidov’s basically Michael Pezzetta for SKA. Put him out there a couple of seconds to shake things up. 2nd least ice team on the team.

Edit: 3rd least ice time when all is said and done.
I had a bad feeling that this crap was going to happen. They don’t care about a guy who’s leaving in a year.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm not watching the games or tracking his ice time, but is he actually sub-10 mins of ice time? Not in specific games, but in general? Because the KHL website Says he has 1 game with less than 11 mins TOI and only two with less than 10 mins ES TOI:

He's averaging between 10-14 minutes a game.

Reactions: 417

sukimono

Mar 27, 2009
PQ

In general it's slightly over 10 i would estimate, but we are not trending up that is for sure. His general play on the other hand, has been.

Reactions: Habano

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Ok guys. The season is officially starting tonight and given how frustrating these games are, this is my last SKA GDT. Anyone else can and should take the mantle if they want to. Perhaps that way I will stop giving this kid bad luck and he'll actuyally get play a full shift.

#Impartoftheproblem

• Haha
Reactions: themilosh and 417

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Ok guys. The season is officially starting tonight and given how frustrating these games are, this is my last SKA GDT. Anyone else can and should take the mantle if they want to. Perhaps that way I will stop giving this kid bad luck and he'll actuyally get play a full shift
If no one else wants it and the mods are OK it goes on. I can do it. I’m a bit of a sucker for punishment. If you ever want it back, it’s yours.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It's bad when that player routinely is the most dangerous player offensively you have.

That's an argument for it being bad for SKA, not bad for Demidov. I'm a Habs fan, not an SKA fan, so I only care about the latter.

Again, I'm not watching the games, but if Demidov has been good offensively and, based on what the KHL is providing, he's averaging middle 6 ES TOI and some PP time, then I'm not getting what the issue is. Its not like he's playing 6-10 minutes a night total.

Reactions: themilosh

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Lol at all the freaking out and splitting hairs over his ice time. It’s like people forget that SKA is a professional team with their own inner politics, social dynamics, morale, and human beings with egos to be managed.

No coach anywhere is going to just play an 18 year old over veterans right off the bat, especially one that is leaving next year. That would be an absolute slap in the face to the vets. SKA isn’t the Habs’ farm team - their decisions don’t revolve around what’s best for Demidov’s stat line. Some posters here need to get that though their heads.

The kid is going to be fine, and his usage has been fine. He looks good and is getting his reps. As long as that’s the case, there’s nothing to worry about.

Here’s the thing that some here need to understand; if and when he’s going to start getting more minutes and opportunities, and playing over the veterans, it’s going to be after a sustained period of solid play and hard work, some big goals, etc, where the coach will have some way to justify it, and more likely, when the veterans themselves start asking for him to be on their line and/or for him to get more minutes. That doesn’t happen a week into the season, Jesus Christ.

Have any of you played hockey before?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
...is that bad for a player who has never played pro hockey before to start the year from a team that knows they have Demidov for only one season?
Well that depends. From SKA point of view if they want to have the best success they can have this year, points for the team, points for players, then you ice the best team you can. If that includes Demidov in a high role then you do it. If instead winning, going to the playoffs and scoring more isnt the priority, then play him as a 4th liner. Personally I would play him where his talent dictates. NHL teams trade for rentals right ? SKA can look at him as a rental.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Lol at all the freaking out and splitting hairs over his ice time. It’s like people forget that SKA is a professional team with their own inner politics, social dynamics, morale, and human beings with egos to be managed.

No coach anywhere is going to just play an 18 year old over veterans right off the bat, especially one that is leaving next year. That would be an absolute slap in the face to the vets. SKA isn’t the Habs’ farm team - their decisions don’t revolve around what’s best for Demidov’s stat line. Some posters here need to get that though their heads.

The kid is going to be fine, and his usage has been fine. He looks good and is getting his reps. As long as that’s the case, there’s nothing to worry about.

Here’s the thing that some here need to understand; if and when he’s going to start getting more minutes and opportunities, and playing over the veterans, it’s going to be after a sustained period of solid play and hard work, some big goals, etc, where the coach will have some way to justify it, and more likely, when the veterans themselves start asking for him to be on their line and/or for him to get more minutes. That doesn’t happen a week into the season, Jesus Christ.

Have any of you played hockey before?
This gen think once they graduate university their entry level position should be in the corner office.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
In general it's slightly over 10 i would estimate, but we are not trending up that is for sure. His general play on the other hand, has been.
Yup, he's played well. I'm still bothered by his usage although we assumed this would be the case. I don't know but maybe the leading scorer on the team should get a few more minutes on the ice and a little more pp time? But I guess I'm crazy because the voices of reason in this thread think he's being deployed properly.

• Haha
Reactions: sukimono

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Yup, habs need to step in now
Yeah, I'm sure SKA would be highly receptive to the Habs acting as helicopter parents with regards to their kid, Ivan. He's going to be there for the season and will do what Rottenberg tells him to do, and he'll emerge unscathed.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's an argument for it being bad for SKA, not bad for Demidov. I'm a Habs fan, not an SKA fan, so I only care about the latter.

Again, I'm not watching the games, but if Demidov has been good offensively and, based on what the KHL is providing, he's averaging middle 6 ES TOI and some PP time, then I'm not getting what the issue is. Its not like he's playing 6-10 minutes a night total.

The negative for Demidov is really just doing really well and not getting rewarded with the ice time, that could cause frustration but he's a good kid so I'm sure he's managing it well.

Its not the worse case scenario, the frustration is from the fan side because the actual usage and tropes about treating young players don't apply here, he's impactful any time his line actually gets the puck, specifically him, he's drawing penalties at a high rate, he's creating chances at a ludicrous rate for his TOI.. he should be getting more ice time and more PP time.

There isn't a legit argument, being 18 years old is a stupid argument, no one would say Chicago was doing right by Bedard not using him on the PP and playing him 12 minutes a night.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
The negative for Demidov is really just doing really well and not getting rewarded with the ice time, that could cause frustration but he's a good kid so I'm sure he's managing it well.

Its not the worse case scenario, the frustration is from the fan side because the actual usage and tropes about treating young players don't apply here, he's impactful any time his line actually gets the puck, specifically him, he's drawing penalties at a high rate, he's creating chances at a ludicrous rate for his TOI.. he should be getting more ice time and more PP time.

There isn't a legit argument, being 18 years old is a stupid argument, no one would say Chicago was doing right by Bedard not using him on the PP and playing him 12 minutes a night.
Amen!

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

Did he even get scored on? I feel it’s very low judging by what I saw at this point.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad