GDT: Game 8 - SKA vs Avengard September 23 12:30 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
220px-Roman_Borisovich_Rotenberg.jpg

No!
Demidov’s basically Michael Pezzetta for SKA. Put him out there a couple of seconds to shake things up. 2nd least ice team on the team.

Edit: 3rd least ice time when all is said and done.

• Wow
Reactions: Gustave and Walksss

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I love everyone getting their panties in a bunch every time SKA plays a game. What did you fck did you expect? SKA sent Michkov on loan 2 years in a row. That's why NHL teams struggle with drafting Russian players. And even if he gets 8-10 minutes a game, it's still valuable playing against men - he's 18 years old.

SKA owes the Habs and Demidov nothing and don't come at me and say he's their best player. As good as he is, this is still pro hockey against grown ass men. I am ok with this worst case scenario...

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
NHL does this crap too for rookies.
They massage the vets egos while the star rookies get limited playing time....
Until they are desperate and can't keep waiting for vets to produce...
Only then is when the rookie gets the ice time

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
99% of the time it's for their own good....

Reactions: 417

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Save some of this outrage for tonight's preseason game vs the Flyers.

SKA isn't worth the amount of stress some of you are going through right now lol

I mostly agree with you here as I'm more interested in his performance than his production. So long as he keeps playing like this, he will get the minutes and linemates with the Habs and will produce. SKA loaded up on vets who demand respect through key ice time, it's a questionable team building exercise but alas...

Where I would get worried is if Rotenberg keeps this up for the entire season. There's only so many times a coach can pull this big boy pants maneuver before it has an effect on your average teenager. I'd say by game 25 to 30, the ice time will have to start being justified.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Not only in the NHL but every where in life. The new guy at your job doesn’t have the same advantage then the guy that work their for the past 10 years

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yup, habs need to step in now
The Habs aren't as anxious about the situation as fans are. They fully understand that SKA isn't contracted to make Demidov their priority on behalf of the Montreal Canadiens, even if doing so might actually make them a better team.

If Rotenburg wants to glue to him to the bench a few games after a hat trick cause he damn well pleases or even purely out of spite of annoying Habs fans lol, it is what it is. That's his prerogative.

The Montreal Canadiens understand all of this is temporary and they'll be able to unwrap their shiny new toy sometime come this spring, they want him healthy above all.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Yes. But let’s be honest. They’re taking this to a whole other level. Demidov is more dominant for SKA than Slafkovsky is for Montreal. He litterally gets Pezzetta ice time.

Once again he’ll be fine. And SKA looks fine. But it’s terrible entertainment. And a great lesson that not everything in life is fair.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Doesn't have to be 'surprising' to be annoying. We knew this is what would happen with his ice time, it's still annoying to watch it happen when it's not really justified.

At least he makes plays whenever he has the chance, probably should have had 2 apples today.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
99% of the time it's for their own good....
NHL teams do this all of the time with guys who would be playing far larger roles in the KHL.

You guys don't think their fans are having the same exact conversations?

It's really all for nothing it's pretty obvious how good Demidov is and is going to be, racking up some points in a league he won't ever play in again, doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Having comparables for the inevitable Michkov debates just feeds the ego man lol be secure and confident in the prospect we have. The next few months will go by much easier than tuning into freaking KHL games and losing your brains cause the coach isn't playing Demidov in the situations you want.

It's not worth it Habs fans lol

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I mostly agree with you here as I'm more interested in his performance than his production. So long as he keeps playing like this, he will get the minutes and linemates with the Habs and will produce. SKA loaded up on vets who demand respect through key ice time, it's a questionable team building exercise but alas...

Where I would get worried is if Rotenberg keeps this up for the entire season. There's only so many times a coach can pull this big boy pants maneuver before it has an effect on your average teenager. I'd say by game 25 to 30, the ice time will have to start being justified.
Even if he does...it'll all be over by the spring. It's fine.

It's really not that big of a deal.

An injury, knock on wood, is far more concerning then him not playing much for the next few months.

He'll be fine lol

Reactions: Redux91 and Trabdy2

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Our golden boy is playing 11 minutes & he is learning to after-party with Evgeny Kuznetsov and Tony DeAngelo nothing to worry about guys :eyeroll:
0 fear of this
His Idol is Kobe Bryant
And despite what people thought about ol' Kobe, he never partied and he never went out and practiced at 4am everyday basically
This is essentially what's behind the 'mamba mentality' people are so fond of, it doesn't mean 'hog the ball' lol

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Where can you see icetime information for the KHL?

EDIT: Per the KHL website, Demidov is(was) actually 6th in ES TOI for SKA Forwards:

The Habs aren't as anxious about the situation as fans are. They fully understand that SKA isn't contracted to make Demidov their priority on behalf of the Montreal Canadiens, even if doing so might actually make them a better team.

If Rotenburg wants to glue to him to the bench a few games after a hat trick cause he damn well pleases or even purely out of spite of annoying Habs fans lol, it is what it is. That's his prerogative.

The Montreal Canadiens understand all of this is temporary and they'll be able to unwrap their shiny new toy sometime come this spring, they want him healthy above all.

Most fans aren't anxious about the situation either, its mostly the people who are so invested that they're watching KHL games on a Monday afternoon.

Reactions: Walksss and 417

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
0 fear of this
His Idol is Kobe Bryant
And despite what people thought about ol' Kobe, he never partied and he never went out and practiced at 4am everyday basically
This is essentially what's behind the 'mamba mentality' people are so fond of, it doesn't mean 'hog the ball' lol

Also has a girlfriend and they do their little videos together. He's a wholesome kid, I doubt he does much after practice that would include partying with the older guys on the team.

Reactions: Redux91

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
The funny thing about Seguin's first season is he saved Julien's ass in playoffs. When Begeron had to miss game 1 and 2 of the semies against TB Julien was forced to ice Seguin who was scratched until then. Seguin had 6 points in those two games. He had 4 points in game 2 which helped Boston tie the series 1-1. If Boston drops that game with Bergeron out of the lineup and trail the series 2-0 i think it would have been over.
It’s exactly what I had in mind. That season, the Bruins were a wagon. So Julien didn’t have to be accountable for his usage. However, the little minutes Seguin got were electric. And when he HAD to play, he was a bomb out there with high minutes in specific games in the playoffs.

What Rotenberg is doing is a carbon copy, but with Demi getting a couple more minutes a game compared to Seguin.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He’s developing with SKA just fine. The fact that’s he’s playing so well against men, not boys, even with limited ice time, is actually fantastic. HuGo likely agrees. Some of you ladies will have to grow a pair, as they say.
I’m perfectly fine with how things goes personally. I would be concern when he plays, he would be a total ghost and he would seem to have 0 confidence but it’s actually the total opposite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad