GDT: Game 8 - SKA vs Avengard September 23 12:30 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
When is the last time we got a top end player in our drafts that ended up playing in CHL in his D+1 so we could have enjoyed him entirely....Louis Leblanc? Kyle Chipchura? lolll. Geez we couldnt even enjoy Éric Chouinard that much because we let Simon Gagné pass...

In the end, nobody.

Galchenyuk, Sergachev

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
When is the last time we got a top end player in our drafts that ended up playing in CHL in his D+1 so we could have enjoyed him entirely....Louis Leblanc? Kyle Chipchura? lolll. Geez we couldnt even enjoy Éric Chouinard that much because we let Simon Gagné pass...

In the end, nobody.

Drinks water. Sometimes coach makes a mistake and send him on the ice....
Imagine the Oilers playing McDavid like he’s a glorified plug. That’s how dominant compared to the rest of SKA Demidov is and how they play him. I think he’ll be fine but it’s a bit of a joke.

Reactions: sukimono

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Not our prospect, but that just reminded me of Ducharme playing Makar as a 7th D in the world juniors in 2018 lol
I believe that was the WJC that Kale Clague was the #1 d. They showed that WJC during covid. It was hard to believe Claques was on the point on the PP. You could see how good Makar was and how bad Clague was. Clague took 20 shots and all 20 didn't get to the net. Makar took 10+ shots. At least 9 resulted in scoring chances.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Typical Demidov shifts: Does absolute magic, 20 seconds, quick whistle. Off / Does absolute magic, 22 seconds, causes penalty, no PP time. / rinse & repeat.

For any fan seeing this it’s absolutely maddening.

Don't forget that when his line finally gets possession, Kuznetsov just throws the puck haphazardly or the defense on the point skate into one another.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Typical Demidov shifts: Does absolute magic, 20 seconds, quick whistle. Off / Does absolute magic, 22 seconds, causes penalty, no PP time. / rinse & repeat.

For any fan seeing this it’s absolutely maddening.
It's tough particularly when your line mates spend 1:40 on the PP and then you are waiting the full 4 line change cycle before even hoping to see the ice.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The funny thing about Seguin's first season is he saved Julien's ass in playoffs. When Begeron had to miss game 1 and 2 of the semies against TB Julien was forced to ice Seguin who was scratched until then. Seguin had 6 points in those two games. He had 4 points in game 2 which helped Boston tie the series 1-1. If Boston drops that game with Bergeron out of the lineup and trail the series 2-0 i think it would have been over.
Hope he can develop in MTL like Seguin did when he arrived in Dallas

Reactions: Gustave

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I believe that was the WJC that Kale Clague was the #1 d. They showed that WJC during covid. It was hard to believe Claques was on the point on the PP. You could see how good Makar was and how bad Clague was. Clague took 20 shots and all 20 didn't get to the net. Makar took 10+ shots. At least 9 resulted in scoring chances.
Yep. It's a testament to his talent that he was still able to put up over 1 PPG.

Hope he can develop in MTL like Seguin did when he arrived in Dallas
Demidov is gonna blow the doors off when he gets here. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's PPG his rookie year

sukimono

Mar 27, 2009
PQ
Good, 4-1

Now play Demi
220px-Roman_Borisovich_Rotenberg.jpg

No!

• Haha
Reactions: Yep and Redux91

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

In the end, nobody. Mind you, I'm not saying we should have let Demidov pass...thank god we didn't. Just that it's insane that we haven't drafted a top end Canadian forward in the top 2 rounds for so many years...

Drinks water. Sometimes coach makes a mistake and send him on the ice....
Yeah well starting since before our last Cup, for about 10 plus 1st round picks you dont think skating is a priority for a game played on ice you are using a flawed drafting philosophy, such as your Chouinard example. Then for another boatload you aim for those "coaches sure lovem" 2 way players like Ryan Poehling, well , there you go. Its kinda like this, you arent ever, ever going to hit a home run if you bunt every at bat. Incredibly, spanning decades , different GMs and scouts, we have had a pretty crappy drafting philosophy. Like MBs group , you remember the behind the scenes Draft videos of them focusing in on a kids explosiveness or lack thereof during some combine event ? I mean look at everything but maybe skating ability, skill, IQ blah blah more important than doing squats etc.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I don’t know why so much of you are surprise about Demidov utilisation. We all knew this is gonna happen before we actually draft him. It’s even one of the reason why we had the chance of drafting him,

If he was in the CHL or in NA, he was probably going #2 or #3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad