GDT: Game 8/82 Blues @ Leafs 6PM CST FDSNMW

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
This is probably one of the last times we will be above .500 for the rest of the season.

Cannot wait to see Jordan Kyrou carry the team the next 2 months!

Reactions: AyeBah

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Blessing in disguise

We need to test and put under duress this mixture of new faces and young talent. And the first half of a season in which the homer color man Jamie Rivers was like "I hope they're still in it with five games to play" and when John Kelly said what about playoffs Jamie? Rivers was like yeah, let's just try to be still technically alive at the 77 game mark ... that is the type of season you want to see this happen if it has to happen, not one where they're real contenders.

If Schenn can't step up which he now has to, it kind of confirms where he is. That's useful to know. If Buchnevich is definitively unable to be a center option, now is a good time to confirm that. If Holloway or Texier or someone like Zach Dean wants to carve out a center role, now is the time to show it. If Bolduc's issue is he is useless on his own, let's find that out now. Let's see what Neighbours does when the top guy goes down, this is quintessential future captain maturity opportunity to put a leadership stamp on the team.

Jordan Kyrou, tonight you match up against Berube without Thomas and you know what Berube thinks you are, can you show you've turned a corner? Now is the stretch to find out if you are worth Thomas money.

We are going to get some real opportunity to evaluate Broberg in the defensive zone, that's something we want to learn about.

We are going to see some Suter pylon follies too, and we will get a real sense of Bannister under duress

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
This lineup is abysmal. What kind of retool plays old ass veterans and scratches the young players. Bannister is a joke

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
This lineup is abysmal. What kind of retool plays old ass veterans and scratches the young players. Bannister is a joke
What kind of retool forces young players into higher roles and f***s up their development because another player got hurt when they can just warm body it? I can think of a few like that. And all of them ended with those teams being terrible for a lot longer than they needed to be. Oilers and Sabres are two major ones

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
What kind of retool forces young players into higher roles and f***s up their development because another player got hurt when they can just warm body it? I can think of a few like that. And all of them ended with those teams being terrible for a lot longer than they needed to be. Oilers and Sabres are two major ones
What, you don't think that Bolduc is well suited to play the bottom 6 shut down, PK role that Sunny will be playing tonight?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
What, you don't think that Bolduc is well suited to play the bottom 6 shut down, PK role that Sunny will be playing tonight?

I have zero issue with sitting Bokduc for games here and there. So I'm not complaining.

But he could absolutely take a 3rd line role, and limited PK time. If we ever.continuousky sat him for washed vets and no upside stone hands Torop, that would be an issue.

We just assume he can't PK but how woukd he learn if we never give him a chance. We have enough guys left who can PK to sit Sunny or Torp and give Bolduc limited PK time to learn. Faksa, Schenn already PKs a lot, Saad, Buchnevich, M. Joseph, Holloway etc.

Again, I have no issue with sitting a young guy to have him watch, reinforce lessons etc. But saying we need absolutely need Sunqvist for a role nobody else could fill if Bolduc played isn't true.

Reactions: AyeBah

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
Those teams had young players everywhere in the lineup, this team has barely a few and none are teenagers. Pretty dumb comparison lmao. The point is nobody knows what a "retool" or whatever this team even is.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Yeah it doesn’t look pretty with Thomas out. Sunny playing with Schenn and Saad is an interesting choice. I’ll be surprised if Sunny is even a 4th line caliber player at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad