GDT: Game 79 - Winnipeg Jets @ Dallas Stars - Thursday, April 11th, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
8mg5gy.jpg

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Would be surprised if Perfetti hadn’t asked for a trade already. Bowness doing an awful job developing him.
Well he sure hasn't been smiling much lately! But Canadian hockey kids were raised to eat shit sandwiches all day long...he'll sign a bridge this summer.

Reactions: hn777 and surixon

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Can't make this stuff up, KC back up top lol. We shall see if his old school approach works or if we go right back to losing.
Honestly, the best outcome I can think of (for the team's playoff chances) is if they get massacred tonight. Bro takes the save % hit, Helle avoids a pre-Vezina embarrassment and Bones gets reality-tested with multiple questions about deployment post-game.

Worst outcome is if the first line has puck-luck and Bones carries on this way, despite the overwhelming evidence.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Honestly, the best outcome I can think of (for the team's playoff chances) is if they get massacred tonight. Bro takes the save % hit, Helle avoids a pre-Vezina embarrassment and Bones gets reality-tested with multiple questions about deployment post-game.

Worst outcome is if the first line has puck-luck and Bones carries on this way, despite the overwhelming evidence.

Yeah. We are going back to a top line that is among the worst in the league and a second line configuration that struggled to score the last 5 or so games they played together. This against a Dallas team that has three lines that can shred you offensively.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Hate to say it but I would be lying if I said that upon reading the lines this morning my first thought wasn't that them getting lit up tonight might be what is needed for them to be competitive in the playoffs. But knowing Bones he will go right back to them in 2 games.

In hindsight spending a 1st 2nd and a 3rd to bolster a lineup for this coach might have been a big mistake. It's like buying a massive steak dinner for your vegan friend who is gonna end up tossing it in the trash or give it to his dog. Completely wasted on him when he has no interest in shifting his priors about deployment. Partially why I was advocating standing pat at the deadline.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The last time Scheifele and Connor scored a goal together at 5v5 was against the Rangers, over 3 weeks and 11 games ago. Over the last 10 games since then, they've been trampled.

79:43 TOI
63-98 / 39.13% Shot attempts
30-57 / 34.48% Shots
0-9 / 0.00% Goals
2.45-6.10 / 28.62% xGoals
33-55 / 37.50% Scoring chances
11-32 / 25.58% High-danger scoring chances

Over the last 10 games when apart, they're both 5-3 / 62.50% Goals and positive% across all the shot metrics.

They weren't amazing before the last 10 games, but at least were positive in goals.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Hate to say it but I would be lying if I said that upon reading the lines this morning my first thought wasn't that them getting lit up tonight might be what is needed for them to be competitive in the playoffs. But knowing Bones he will go right back to them in 2 games.

In hindsight spending a 1st 2nd and a 3rd to bolster a lineup for this coach might have been a big mistake. It's like buying a massive steak dinner for your vegan friend who is gonna end up tossing it in the trash or give it to his dog. Completely wasted on him when he has no interest in shifting his priors about deployment. Partially why I was advocating standing pat at the deadline.

No comment on the lines b/c Whateversville, but I think Monahan made sense as a way to lock in a PO spot with a functional centre who had a role on the PP. Toffoli was a bit of a head-scratcher for me but a reliable scorer and vet for relatively cheap was likely a locker-room crowd pleaser.

Miller gave me hope of a rest from bellowing at Pionk at 4AM in our canal-side cottage w/o any insulation and neighbours on all sides, but The Directive clearly has Pionk playing big minutes no matter what, so I'm resigned.

My lone PO hope was that given last season's damp squib we'd have the bright idea to rest a few key players -- but unsurprised.

Bones smells maybe victory, and IMO this is his last-chance saloon. He's gonna coach his hunches as far as he can and ride or die with Vezina Helle and Top Line KFC and Shutdown Lowry and Norissey and a few other guys.

Hopefully it's far enough.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Would be surprised if Perfetti hadn’t asked for a trade already. Bowness doing an awful job developing him.

My hot take: with the playoffs around the corner, Bowness has decided to use "his guys" because he knows what he'll get instead of taking a risk with a player where he doesn't quite know yet.

Stars fans told us this when Bowness was first hired.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
My hot take: with the playoffs around the corner, Bowness has decided to use "his guys" because he knows what he'll get instead of taking a risk with a player where he doesn't quite know yet.

Stars fans told us this when Bowness was first hired.

It's exactly what he's doing. We shall see if the results are any better then last year.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Seriously miss me with anything fwd related... Pionk just womp womp chug along with his level of play for months.
Yeah that's bizarre.

I gotta you could make the argument that we NEED good Pionk to have a shot at a long run but trotting him out there every day isn't helping.

Fatdrunk

Better Luck Next Year
Feb 1, 2019
Connor back on the first line, Slo Gus draws in (Why? because it's his birthday?) and Perfetti is out again. Toffoli back on the second line and Slo Gus is on the third line instead of Barron who is on the fourth. Is this Dinosaur of a coach trying to lose games or what? Also what is going on with Nate Schmidt being healthy scratched a lot lately (did he stopped being funny?)and why are we not using Kupari and Miller(why did the team waste a draft pick for him to sit in the PB).

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Connor back on the first line, Slo Gus draws in (Why? because it's his birthday?) and Perfetti is out again. Toffoli back on the second line and Slo Gus is on the third line instead of Barron who is on the fourth. Is this Dinosaur of a coach trying to lose games or what? Also what is going on with Nate Schmidt being healthy scratched a lot lately (did he stopped being funny?)and why are we not using Kupari and Miller(why did the team waste a draft pick for him to sit in the PB).
Seriously couldn't do a bottom 6 of

Barron-Lowry-Appleton
Perfetti-Namestnikov-iafallo

Barron has done solid in a 4th line role with having to be saddled with krapari and gustafsson, reward him with some 3rd line time. And 4th line, while it's been months ago, was a solid second line back in 2023. Gus is a JAG if he wasn't a Jets draft pick no one would give a f*** about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad