Post-Game Talk: Game 79: Sharks at Preds, 7PM. Set on Cruise Control Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The random fireworks downtown at Nissan Stadium after the game made me not feel as bad with the loss. Not sure why they were shooting them off, but I was happy by the time I got to my car.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The random fireworks downtown at Nissan Stadium after the game made me not feel as bad with the loss. Not sure why they were shooting them off, but I was happy by the time I got to my car.

Anyone know why there were fireworks??

They were by far the loudest fireworks we've ever heard- we were still downtown and it sounded more like bombs going off than fireworks!

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
This team got what they deserved. Play really well for 40 minutes and then stop playing for the last 20. Yeah the sharks were going to have a push, they were down 2 goals. But we just looked awful in the 3rd.

I thought Wilson had a good game. I guess the scratch gave him a kick in the butt. I don't understand why he just cannot finish and get a goal.

Shot attempts 81-44. Guess who had the 81. Hint, not us. Pavelski (11) and Burns (17) had 28 attempts just themselves.

Faceoffs were an embarrassment tonight. 29%. Ribeiro and Johansen were a combined 3-19.

Saw a stat on the replay, Shea Weber is the only defenseman in the NHL with 150 hits, 150 blocks, and 40+ points. So in other words, he plays dense and contributes on offense. But he's not really a good defenseman.

Sorry I missed the fireworks, I love watching fireworks! :(

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

Yeah I had no idea what that was all about but I got a few pictures and a minute long video on my phone. Those spontaneous fireworks were just as fulfilling as waiting for hours with 200,000 other people on July 4th.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Definitely not a very good game by us. I just thought the whole game was kind of a lackluster, blah kind of game. Not a whole heck of lot of excitement the whole night other than our 2 goals.

One thing about the Sharks- they are an incredible road team. I am not sure if I have ever seen numbers like this:

Home- 17-19-3
Road- 27-10-3

57 points on the road, 37 at home. They have a better road record than the Caps.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Nashville rising - just proposed two more towers where the Market Street Apartments currently sit, warm-ups, puck on glass, cat stalking his prey and face-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad