GDT: Game 75 3/27 8:07 PM - The Bear visits Portage & Main | NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

B Stemhovilichski

Feb 15, 2016
Bay Town
I lived in Winnipeg for 2 years, 68 to 70, but I was just a yute.
For those who are in their 50's and from around Winnipeg, I seem to remember wearing moccasins out in the snow.
Is my memory fuzzy or was/is that a thing back then ?
Your memory is correct, moccasins/mukluks are the best footwear for running around in the snow.

Reactions: ps241

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Found out today I have bronchitis....and doc says the only cure is....a Bruins win!

Not feeling too optimistic about this one though...gonna be a tough game, Jets are pretty damn good.

Reactions: BMC

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Jets fan here.

I'm kinda hoping the b's end up in 2nd so you can embarrass the leafs. Nothing would bring me more joy than a bruins sweep and the resulting tears of leafs fans.

Good luck tonight. No injuries! I hope your top like doesn't roast us. Best line in the league imo.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I lived in Winnipeg for 2 years, 68 to 70, but I was just a yute.
For those who are in their 50's and from around Winnipeg, I seem to remember wearing moccasins out in the snow.
Is my memory fuzzy or was/is that a thing back then ?
Not fuzzy...lived in the Peg from 66 - 82. Wore moccasins (mukluks actually) many winters.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Lol .I live in WPG and that sign is ridiculous. Its really not as confusing as it looks... I guess to someone new in town it might be but... Do it once and its like riding a bike. Its not as confusing tho. The sign definitely makes it look more confusing than it is .

I'm gonna guess that Winnipeg is quite a bit easier to navigate than Boston.

Its one great city, though less than kind. All hail The Weakerthans.

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Your memory is 100% correct. I've lived in the Peg for over 50 years and remember walking to school in my white leather moccasins. Gawd they were cold and uncomfortable!

I really like your team this year and would love for our Jets to meet your Bruins in the SCF. It would surely be an epic series! Hoping for a great game tonight with no injuries to either side.
Thanks, I think I still have a pair in my basement for old time sake, and was going to dig them out and post a pic if I didn't get any replies.

Reactions: jefferoni

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Drop the ****ing puck already :rant:

PeterPuck.jpg

Reactions: BMC

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hey B's

I am a big fan of how your team is playing this season. You guys are one of the favs and the Leaf-B's-Lighting trifecta should produce two great rounds in the playoffs. Despite the injures you guys keep winning games.

Heres to a entertaining INJURY FREE game.

Hope to see you in the playoffs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad