GDT: Game 73: Philly @ Washington | 4/12/22 | 7:00p

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I think w/McMic he's still just too much of a
'tweener

Next season he'll probably be where he needs to be to be a regular 3C (and if he excels maybe a 2C)

A good offseason of strengthening/bulk up a few pounds, a skating coach, faceoff work, and straightening that shot out will do wonders

9/12 of the fwds are set in stone (in whatever order) :
OV-Kuz-Wilson
Martha-Backi-Oshie
Sheary
Dowd-Hathaway

Lavi's obv. going to give Larsson a sweater unless he falls apart in the next few, pretty much the same for MarJo

That leaves 1 spot for McMic/Eller

If McMic had potted some of those great chances the last 20+ gms he'd have a much stronger case

Reactions: troyerlaw

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Although the other factor to perhaps remember is that CMM also doesn’t play on special teams, where Eller is a primary PKer and spends time on the powerplay at points in the season. I agree that Eller isn’t playing to his usual standard, but it’s striking how quickly he’s become the latest ‘whipping boy’ that people want to conceal to the press box.

Mojo isn’t outplaying Eller. Larsson is only just getting started, but I’ve seen nothing to make me think he’s about to outplay him. I’m not sure Dowd is outplaying Eller, although is better suited to the 4C grinder role than Eller is. You could make the argument that at 5v5, Backstrom isn’t outplaying Eller either.

CMM’s time is going to come, and sooner than later. But there haven’t been many times in his short career so far when I’ve felt like they’ve won games because of him. Whether because of Lavi’s usage of him or not, he isn’t productive for a 3C on a contender on a 22 point pace.

(Eller has gone 40 games out of 62 played without registering a point this season, so don’t take this as a great defence of him. But if one of him or CMM was likely to find another gear in the postseason, my money would be on him and not CMM.)

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
So the Backstrom line is really the 3rd line, which is a good thing right now - And maybe going forward if Eller continues to improve. That line could be a matchup nightmare with all that physicality.

Would be nice to see Oshie get going down the stretch. We’ll need his goal scoring ability at some point.

If he can pot some on the PP, and with Carlson getting into form - then it’s back to the lethal pick your poison for PKers between 8, 77, and 74.

Last edited:
Reactions: troyerlaw

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
Caps currently 8 games over .500, their best of the season thus far.
Carolina, for example, sits at 21 games over .500.
Florida is 30 games over .500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad