GDT: GAME #71 | CAPS @ WILD | 7PM CT, 2AM FIN | Insert CAPS LOCK joke here

Status
Not open for further replies.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
It's like teams have a license to mug Vanek at all times. I've never seen a guy get roughed up so much and never draw a penalty.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Oh well can't win them all. Would have liked to see Granlund there instead of number of players in the end.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Got screwed by the refs, more than once. We worked hard for our deuce, they got them relatively easy, off quick rushes (or a faceoff). Nevertheless, this should've been at least one point, objectively.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Lol, nobody expected us to go undefeated the rest of the way.

Rebound, play big saturday

Unfortunately, as unreasonable as that is, the teams behind us pretty much are. St. Louis is actively ******** the bed against Winnipeg.

The Wild needs to stop competing with Calgary for this comeback title nonsense and just play hard early and play with a damn lead.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Man Brodin took a ****** stupid shot there at the end with a guy right in front of him when we were pressuring hard

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Unfortunately, as unreasonable as that is, the teams behind us pretty much are. St. Louis is actively ******** the bed against Winnipeg.

The Wild needs to stop competing with Calgary for this comeback title nonsense and just play hard early and play with a damn lead.

The teams behind us will drop a few too, it'll happen. Not gonna sweat this one too much. The guys know Saturday is a big game.

We played well but didn't bury our chances

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
We haven't lost consecutive games since January 20th. And even in that one, we still got a point.

Keep that trend up and we'll be just fine.

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
Winnipeg has played in 23 OT games vs. Wild's 14...

this is as close as it is because of those consecutive regulation losses. Winnipeg has found a way to bring 1/3rd of their games to OT (where they are under .500).

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Home of the home ice advantage? It's frustrating, because it's almost like they come home and think, "We don't have to try as hard." Losing to the Caps and Ducks is understandable, but those losses to the Avs and Oilers during this turnaround sucks.

Billy Mays Here*

That's three home games I've gone to in a row now where we've lost, and all post-Dubnyk trade. Guess I should stop going, I seem to be a bad luck charm.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
a lot fewer toaster in the bathtub posts than i expected. are you growing up, HFWild? :handclap:

bill-murray-toaster-bathtub.jpg

I am not saying we played great hockey or the Caps played poorly, but...like Patty Kane, a game-breaker made the difference.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
a lot fewer toaster in the bathtub posts than i expected. are you growing up, HFWild? :handclap:

bill-murray-toaster-bathtub.jpg

I am not saying we played great hockey or the Caps played poorly, but...like Patty Kane, a game-breaker made the difference.

So what.

We have a good, deep roster and as long as we're playing hard, we can hang with just about any team.

**** Kane and **** Ovie.

We did this to ourselves by not playing as well as we should have in the first period and a half.

We've been lazy on our own ice and they need to stop doing that.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
So what.

We have a good, deep roster and as long as we're playing hard, we can hang with just about any team.

**** Kane and **** Ovie.

We did this to ourselves by not playing as well as we should have in the first period and a half.

We've been lazy on our own ice and they need to stop doing that.

yeah, any time any team loses it's because they didn't play as well as they should have.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Well, gonna lose games if you do defensive mistakes like that against a team with gamebreakers. This team really could use one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad