BRUINS GDT GAME 70 7:08 PM - Ottawa - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, TSN5, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
These are the games that the Bruins have been struggling in, playing the average to below average teams. They get easily motivated for games against the top teams, I expect this to be another massive slugfest against a highly motivated opponent.

We'll see how two righty's work out on the bottom pair.

I have seen enough of Shattenkirk, why not stick with the Peeke-Wotherspoon pair.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Faster line up and a guy that plays with an edge inserted...I like. Just no dummy penalties.
While I agree that Lauko needs to try to limit his time in the penalty box, he also draws a lot of penalties in the limited minutes that he plays. Though, with the PP's production - maybe it's a moot point.

The forward with the worst penalty differential? Danton Heinen. Heinen has taken 13 minor penalties this year, and only drawn 1.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I would expect this one to be like so many other Ottawa/Boston games: a one goal game that ends in the last 5 minutes or so. 3-2 Bruins is my prediction. I just hope we don’t play down to our opponent like we have seen at times & our own end coverage is cleaned up.

Let’s go Bruins!

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
He seems to be switching bottom players in and out each game.
I assume for load bearing in the final stretch?
As we get closer to the end I could see top players getting a game or two off.
Yeah giving test is a good idea

These are the games that the Bruins have been struggling in, playing the average to below average teams. They get easily motivated for games against the top teams, I expect this to be another massive slugfest against a highly motivated opponent.

I have seen enough of Shattenkirk, why not stick with the Peeke-Wotherspoon pair.
Monty just resting guys. When its go time i expect wortherspoon in lineup

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Yeah I really liked the Peeke-Wotherspoon pairing the other night. Simple solid plays which is what you want from your third pairing.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I wand a win with no injuries.

Hey Steve, I hope the Bruins win tonight.
1710871090809.png

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1710872799238.png

Tonight's Officials

1710872895400.png
1710872917117.png

Referees Cody Beach (45), Frederick L'Ecuyer (17)
Linespersons Kilian McNamara (93), James Tobias (61)

TONIGHT’S GAME-The Bruins host the Senators tonight in the second of three games between these teams this season and the first of two Senators’ visits to TD Garden this year ... The Bruins are 40-14-15 overall this season and they are 22-8-6 on home ice ... They are 24-9-5 in games vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.-The Bruins play game two of their three-game home stand tonight vs. Ottawa (1-0-0) ... They conclude vs. NY Rangers on 3/21 and will then face a six-game road trip to Philadelphia on 3/23, Florida on 3/26, Tampa Bay on 3/27, Washington on Mar. 30, Nashville on Apr. 2 and Carolina on Apr. 4.
INJURIES (129 Man-games lost)- Matt Poitras: 2/7 right shoulder surgery (LTIR)- Derek Forbort: Lower body (LTIR) - Pat Maroon: 2/6 back surgery

BOSTON vs OTTAWA, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Senators are meeting for the 155th time in their histories with a 90-44-8-12 record and a 487-371 scoring advantage in those games.- The Bruins are 48-21-5-4 vs. the Senators in Boston with a 264-195 scoring edge in those 78 contests.

MILESTONES APPROACHING- Brad Marchand is 1 goal shy of his 400th NHL goal.- Morgan Geekie is 3 points short of his 100th NHL point

Reactions: Ladyfan

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
View attachment 838260

Tonight's Officials

View attachment 838261View attachment 838262

Referees Cody Beach (45), Frederick L'Ecuyer (17)
Linespersons Kilian McNamara (93), James Tobias (61)

TONIGHT’S GAME-The Bruins host the Senators tonight in the second of three games between these teams this season and the first of two Senators’ visits to TD Garden this year ... The Bruins are 40-14-15 overall this season and they are 22-8-6 on home ice ... They are 24-9-5 in games vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.-The Bruins play game two of their three-game home stand tonight vs. Ottawa (1-0-0) ... They conclude vs. NY Rangers on 3/21 and will then face a six-game road trip to Philadelphia on 3/23, Florida on 3/26, Tampa Bay on 3/27, Washington on Mar. 30, Nashville on Apr. 2 and Carolina on Apr. 4.
INJURIES (129 Man-games lost)- Matt Poitras: 2/7 right shoulder surgery (LTIR)- Derek Forbort: Lower body (LTIR) - Pat Maroon: 2/6 back surgery

BOSTON vs OTTAWA, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Senators are meeting for the 155th time in their histories with a 90-44-8-12 record and a 487-371 scoring advantage in those games.- The Bruins are 48-21-5-4 vs. the Senators in Boston with a 264-195 scoring edge in those 78 contests.

MILESTONES APPROACHING- Brad Marchand is 1 goal shy of his 400th NHL goal.- Morgan Geekie is 3 points short of his 100th NHL point
Checking that game sheet its impressive for the callup Lohrei with less games still has more points (12) than Grz (8) and almost as many as Carlo (14). If he cleans up his D he'll have a bright future in the league.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Keeping guys sharp and letting the 34-35 year olds get some rest is totally ok by me. After Marchy, JVR and Shatty are the olds who can use it (hence that rotation). Be nice to get Marchy #400, and then some eventual late rest, standings permitting. Like what we didn't do last year...

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Keeping guys sharp and letting the 34-35 year olds get some rest is totally ok by me. After Marchy, JVR and Shatty are the olds who can use it (hence that rotation). Be nice to get Marchy #400, and then some eventual late rest, standings permitting. Like what we didn't do last year...
But do we cruise into playoffs and face a team who just got in like Florida last year? Its a tough spot. I think play hard and have your game going into playoffs

• Love
Reactions: eightspokedb

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
But do we cruise into playoffs and face a team who just got in like Florida last year? Its a tough spot. I think play hard and have your game going into playoffs
I hope we rest the big guys. and maybe call up Bussi to take some games from our goalies.
I dont want them messing up like last year and having a stud get injured in a meaningless game towrds the end of the season...ahem Bergy

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Get the lead and continue to push it. PLEASE do not sit back on the lead. A full 60 please. Physical. Gritty. Hard nosed hockey. I wanna see that. Good habits. Pucks to the net. Limit losing the puck. Clear your crease and get the win. No excuses, boys! No excuses!

giphy.gif

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Hi all, Have two tickets tonight including parking and legends. They are my seats and I'm offering them up to one of you diehards for FREE!

greats seats, just this rear occasion that no one in the family can go.....

First one to message me gets them ... FREE!!!!!

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Ridly Greig, famous for being punched in the head by Morgan Reilly, is +15 through 56 games on a team that's last in its division and -22 in total GF/A. That's impressive for a young forward. Combine that with a respectable 22 points and a little bit of moxie and he is one to watch.

Hope the Bruins get a good effort from the whole roster tonight and a spread of contributions. As others have said, the more Monty can be sharing minutes and load around at the moment, the better.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Trap game. Hope the good version of the B's shows up tonight and not the strangers who got smoked by Calgary, NYI, and St. Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad