BRUINS GDT GAME 7 - THE BEAR sings at the Grand Ole Opry - NESN, ESPN+, 102.5 WKLB-FM

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I still can't work out what exactly they're trying to do out there. The 4th line has a clear plan, the rest just go out and skate around, try and pass their way into some sort of vaguely plausible look, shoot a one and done, and then the puck is going the other way. No strong forecheck, no real attacking the net, no cycle, no chasing rebounds. It's weak sauce.
The 4th line s/b moved up to the 1st line and also used on the PP.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I still can't work out what exactly they're trying to do out there. The 4th line has a clear plan, the rest just go out and skate around, try and pass their way into some sort of vaguely plausible look, shoot a one and done, and then the puck is going the other way. No strong forecheck, no real attacking the net, no cycle, no chasing rebounds. It's weak sauce.
They're playing like they are a skilled team when in fact they are sorely lacking in that department. They need to simplify their game big time right now

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
When one of the BRUINS' two best offensive players is Marchy, ya know it's gonna be a long season.
Marchy has been offensively impotent since the 2nd half of last season. If he scores 15 goals this season, I'll be amazed. If he scores more than 15, I'll be shocked.
Also, my dislike of Pasta hasn't changed. He plays with the intensity of a Panda.
:rolleyes:

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
This is how I feel, like wtf is the style of play?

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
They're playing like they are a skilled team when in fact they are sorely lacking in that department. They need to simplify their game big time right now

Yeah I've said the same thing previously. They need to play to the strengths and abilities of this current roster. So far, they're not doing that. Not even close.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I’ve now watched Terrifier, Terrifier 2 & Terrifier 3 and none of them terrify me as much as watching the Bruins try to complete a tape to tape pass.
When the killer is trapped behind the door and he reaches his hand out, between the doors, they cut to the girl terrified and she starts to hear honking and they cut back and he’s got a honker in his hand and he has a look like it’s a brilliant plan to do that, I die laughing every time

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I totally agree this is mostly on management. I think Monty is a good NHL coach but I'm not sure anyone is listening to him at this point and I'm not sure how they change that considering this core already ran Cassidy out of town and look how that turned out. It's almost like the team is playing to get the coach tossed.
I don't disagree with this. If this is them tuning out another coach then it might be time to just accept it's over and nuke the thing from orbit.

Monty has some headscratching calls once and a while (him botching the tandem in 2023 playoffs among the most obvious) but what coach doesn't? They got Cassidy canned because he was too much of a hardass allegedly and the guy goes and wins a cup on his first try with Vegas. Julien got ran out by the core though i don't think anyone would argue he should have gotten more leash at that point

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You know those sports movies where the “team” starts out like shit, they have no gear, there’s a few gimps and nerds on the team?

Hopefully this season ends like most of those movies do. You know, like the team looking somewhat competent.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The 4th line s/b moved up to the 1st line and also used on the PP.

Appreciate the intent, but I fear if you overuse them they'll lose what's working for them. Let them stick to their task, keep playing hard, simple hockey, and otherwise leave them be. Maybe a little PP time, why not, but I wouldn't over-rely on them. The other players simply need to get cracking and step up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad