BRUINS GDT GAME 7 - THE BEAR sings at the Grand Ole Opry - NESN, ESPN+, 102.5 WKLB-FM

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Was watching ‘What We Do in the Shadows’ the vampire comedy

I’m taping Bruins - is it worth watching ?

Reactions: HumBucker

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's on both, the lineup is trash but no one buying in is on the coach because you can't fire the team.
You can however, fire the chucklef***s running said team.

If Montgomery goes i want the rest of the org out with him. It's the same damn story with Sweeney.

"i didn't bother to shore up depth...hey wait how come my team only has one functional line?" Every year going back to the formation of the so called perfection line. It's even more infuriating when the one time they HAD legit scoring depth, they came within a game of winning a cup in 2019 behind the Johanssen/Coyle/Heinen line.

Last edited:

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
When one of the BRUINS' two best offensive players is Marchy, ya know it's gonna be a long season.
Marchy has been offensively impotent since the 2nd half of last season. If he scores 15 goals this season, I'll be amazed. If he scores more than 15, I'll be shocked.
Also, my dislike of Pasta hasn't changed. He plays with the intensity of a Panda.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
For all that we appreciate (compared to former coaches)about Monty’s willingness to change up his lines and D pairs, I don’t think he allows enough time for chemistry to develop, it’s like extended training camp.
He can only do so much, the leaders need to lead. Too many players waiting for someone else to take the lead. Like you said besides the coach a lot of the veterans are playing like they are on extended training camp

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Waiving Jones or Tufte for TJ is an easy “try” for the lineup, but I think the larger problem is the philosophy of quality over quantity and getting chances off the rush when your team really isn’t that skilled.

They need to simplify. Don’t know the answer, but dump > Chase > forecheck is a good first try haha. Need way more shots.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I totally understand the frustration with Jones ....but the constant uninspired play of Coyle, Frederick and Geekie are much more troubling to me

the roster has holes- but too many "top-line" players are performing way below expectations

And when is Monty going to take the reins off Zadrov

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

If Montgomery goes i want the rest of the org out with him. It's the same damn story with Sweeney.

"i didn't bother to shore up depth...hey wait how come my team only has one functional line?" Every year going back to the formation of the so called perfection line. It's even more infuriating when the one time they HAD legit scoring depth, they came within a game of winning a cup in 2018 behind the Johanssen/Coyle/Heinen line.
Man that cup loss at home keeps haunting me after watching all this. That was on rask not up to the task.

Reactions: Blitzkrug

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

"i didn't bother to shore up depth...hey wait how come my team only has one functional line?" Every year going back to the formation of the so called perfection line. It's even more infuriating when the one time they HAD legit scoring depth, they came within a game of winning a cup in 2018 behind the Johanssen/Coyle/Heinen line.
I totally agree this is mostly on management. I think Monty is a good NHL coach but I'm not sure anyone is listening to him at this point and I'm not sure how they change that considering this core already ran Cassidy out of town and look how that turned out. It's almost like the team is playing to get the coach tossed. (I'm not saying they are just that they are playing like it.)

Reactions: Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
This may be a below 2 goals per game team across 82 games. Coach needs to switch to the Florida system led by a forecheck or he needs to go elsewhere.

This roster is failing once again.

I still can't work out what exactly they're trying to do out there. The 4th line has a clear plan, the rest just go out and skate around, try and pass their way into some sort of vaguely plausible look, shoot a one and done, and then the puck is going the other way. No strong forecheck, no real attacking the net, no cycle, no chasing rebounds. It's weak sauce.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad