GDT: Game 7: Sharks @ Ducks 7:15 NBCSCA

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
7:15 is an unusual start time.

It's some kind of gimmick for today. Every team is in action and every game start time is staggered by multiples of about 15 minutes so that no two games are starting at the same time. Why they chose to do this on a Tuesday evening and not a weekend or something is the part I'm more confused about.

Could be worse. LA @ Vegas is starting at 8pm.

Reactions: Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It's some kind of gimmick for today. Every team is in action and every game start time is staggered by multiples of about 15 minutes so that no two games are starting at the same time. Why they chose to do this on a Tuesday evening and not a weekend or something is the part I'm more confused about.

Could be worse. LA @ Vegas is starting at 8pm.

This is an ESPN driven thing and they have College Football on the weekend. If they were to do this on a weekend, it would either need to be the week before the Super Bowl or after the Super Bowl.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
This is an ESPN driven thing and they have College Football on the weekend. If they were to do this on a weekend, it would either need to be the week before the Super Bowl or after the Super Bowl.
Yeah, I get it as a fun gimmick, but it's idiotic to do it on a Tuesday in October--the same day as the NBA's opening night!--instead of spreading out all the games over like 13 hours.

And the hilarious thing is that it leaves yesterday and tomorrow with just one game each.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Sharks need to get dostal moving and screen him, Eklund high light package was kind of poor man Forsberg

Not enough vitriol is spent on Brian Hayward's descent from "that guy with the really cool Shark-themed mask" to "terrible Ducks color commentator."
Does anyone know where all his hate for San Jose is coming from

• Haha

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The orange Ducks jerseys suck. And I say that as someone who a) likes the old Mighty Duck logo being back and b) loved the orange Barracuda jerseys.

I think it's the orange pants that sink them for me.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Mario:
1729650430040.png

f***ing Kunin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad