GDT: Game #7: Ottawa vs Utah HC - 7:15pm MDT - Utah16, AntennaTV

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
We need to learn to score again .. 2 goals in the last 3 games

Gunther needs to change it up, he has an incredible wrist shot but is just going for 1 timers… everyone in the building know it’s coming.. they need to change it up

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
We need to learn to score again .. 2 goals in the last 3 games

Gunther needs to change it up, he has an incredible wrist shot but is just going for 1 timers… everyone in the building know it’s coming.. they need to change it up
I dont know...Ovechkin and Stamkos and Laine all did pretty well from that spot.

Key is movement though. If the D overcommit to Guenther it opens up (typically) right in front of the goalie.

Reactions: Jakey53

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Need a second threat on the powerplay so opponents have to pick their poison.

Need to eliminate the high danger turnovers.

I think some of the skill guys are averse to just making the safe play and dumping it in. A few forced plays like Cooley trying to break through 2-3 guys on his own towards the net. I guess it's fine as a limit-test since he's still learning, but you know he has the work ethic to go win it on the boards, so sometimes should make that play instead.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
We actually outplayed and out shot them before the 4 on 4 lead to their first goal. Our team D is pretty bad, very inconsistent, Bear has to fix that. We have plenty of offensive skill now, its all about our D improving. Too many missed assignments last night.
Yeah, never seen the offense shine so bright. :sarcasm::laugh:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
We had more missed assignments, they were better as a team on D, but we lost mostly because we were just bad on team D.
We learned they can play D vs Boston the other night, tonight we learned they either aren’t interested in doing so, or winning, which is basically the same thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad