GDT: Game 7: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Florida plays a hard game but they're not *that* big. They play bigger when they play a team like the Rangers.

Pound them down low, point shots, and crash the slot is going to beat them. Caveman shit. Make them skate it 180 feet instead of turning it over on cross ice passes.

Reactions: gabevh3

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I can't wait for a period where we're hemmed in our zone and every pass we make is either behind a player or broken up. I considered going to this game but I knew we'd get embarrassed.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
jfc trouba wtf

i have way less problem with that play where he stays with the puck than i do the wiring passes cross ice and backwards where the target is completely tied up and the panthers get a free odd man rush. that one might look worse in terms of how it was directly knocked down but whether it worked or not it didn't present any danger. it's a 10x better play than a hope pass that might look like it was close but realistically had almost no chance of working and a very high chance of handing fl a 3 on 1.

Reactions: effen

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Not only does Florida just want it more on a shift by shift basis, they're well coached, know where each other is, support each other, and they genuinely seem to enjoy grinding.

The simplest way is to just beat the shit out of them and play caveman hockey. Whoever said their offense is predicated on breaking up NYR passes is 100% right. They are totally pedestrian when they have time and space.
Except we never pick up their trailer either

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
So glad he’s back! Warrior!
It takes everyone!

giphy.gif

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
I can't wait for a period where we're hemmed in our zone and every pass we make is either behind a player or broken up. I considered going to this game but I knew we'd get embarrassed.
Didn't the Panthers always completely control the 3rd period like this in the playoff series?

I'm ready for that as well tbh. Hopefully it's not the case.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
I swear Valquette is high as hell every broadcast, his eyes redder than the devils dick.

He also had a mess up during broadcast where he had mistaken a word and said sativa instead

• Haha
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
If they are ultimately better than us (most probably yes), then we just have to hope someone else knocks them out because it's not a strategy to HOPE the other team shits the bed so bad you win a 7 games series.

This is what I was worried about going into this season considering we did nothing to improve the team other bank on existing players turning into stars. Not something you bet on.

Rangers are very good, and I think they can easily beat any other team in the East. Not Florida, and that is 100% on Drury.
I think there is good news here. Drury might only need to key in on a stud LD between now and the TDL.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Everyone still needs to keep in mind, Florida is better absolutely (coaching, personnel, playstyle, etc) but this game has come down to goalies so far.

It happens. But the sting of last year is fresh and even though we are allowed to lose games to good teams and bad, we KNOW Florida is just better overall outside this one game vacuum.

If Bob wasn't amazing tonight, and we were tied/ahead, we would have gotten the two points but still have that "yeah we ain't taking them in the playoffs" mindset. and t would be right.

Reactions: Brother Mouzone

effen

Feb 3, 2018
rangers are trying to play a skill game against this team, and that's playing directly into what the panthers want.
Show some pride and just butt end them randomly. They skate around a little less recklessly than Carolina but not that much less recklessly.

What they have is a complete lack of fear and the Rangers just play around them.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Everyone still needs to keep in mind, Florida is better absolutely (coaching, personnel, playstyle, etc) but this game has come down to goalies so far.

It happens. But the sting of last year is fresh and even though we are allowed to lose games to good teams and bad, we KNOW Florida is just better overall outside this one game vacuum.

If Bob wasn't amazing tonight, and we were tied/ahead, we would have gotten the two points but still have that "yeah we ain't taking them in the playoffs" mindset. and t would be right.

I mean this version of the Rangers is better than last year's with the new D pairs, Chytil, and Smith. But this game is more of the same garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad