GDT: Game 7: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 7pm ET, MSG

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
panther1.gif

panter2.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Panthers have a 13/14 player core and after that it gets really really thin. They don't have much in their development system either on the cusp or even further down the road. Samoskevich, Sawchyn and Devine....maybe Sourdif look like they might be it as far as real NHL potential and the upside isn't super high on any of them. They're about where we were when Marek Hrivik was one of our best prospects. About half of their 25 and under players on their Charlotte AHL team are udfa's.....not draft picks. Their main roster doesn't have a lot of very young players either. I look at both the Boqvist's and Bjornfot also in that age range as reclamation projects---former high draft picks with limited upside who might not be in the NHL two/three years from now. They certainly have some top players but they're going to have to ride them for quite a while. Doing what they have they've won themselves a Cup but their future doesn't look that hot to me.

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
No, but the Rangers need to keep an eye on Stephen Weiss, David Booth and Rostislav Olesz
I will never forget this player because years ago, I was watching the game on a... not exactly legal stream and every time there was a commercial break, it didn't cut away from the broadcasting booth so I got to listen to Trautwig complain about various things like the poor condition of the Brooklyn Bridge. During one of these breaks, he said "What kind of name is Stephen Weiss? Stephen Weiss is the worst hockey name I have ever heard in my life. He should change it." :laugh:

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
would be a nice test to see what Jones is like vs a heavy playoff team

but nope instead we're getting Lindgren at 30% health
I hope they`re showing other teams Lindgren is healthy so they can deal him. (But thats not gonna happen I know. Probably they will keep him as depth at worst and just let him go him in the summer.)

Reactions: zlev

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
I'm going to be missing this game in its entirety. We are meeting up with a friend who is going through a divorce. He's having a really rough time and could use the support of my partner and me.

He told his wife he also likes dudes, and it did not go well.

So on that uplifting note... let's go Rangers.
yowza

I will never forget this player because years ago, I was watching the game on a... not exactly legal stream and every time there was a commercial break, it didn't cut away from the broadcasting booth so I got to listen to Trautwig complain about various things like the poor condition of the Brooklyn Bridge. During one of these breaks, he said "What kind of name is Stephen Weiss? Stephen Weiss is the worst hockey name I have ever heard in my life. He should change it." :laugh:
incredible stuff

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I hope they`re showing other teams Lindgren is healthy so they can deal him. (But thats not gonna happen I know. Probably they will keep him as depth at worst and just let him go him in the summer.)
This is clearly not the case lol

It’s obvious they value what he brings even while injured more than other defensemen. Which is insane but whatever

Ben Grimm

🎸
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
You’re a good friend, bud. ...
Not to the wife he's not. She had a right to know that before she got engaged. I've been through this stuff with my brother and friends, and I think supporting the dishonest person even if they're "your" friend is misogynistic crap. I've spent the last 23 years teaching my son to not be that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad