Post-Game Talk: GAME 7 - Nashville 4 BRUINS 0

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Tufte jones signings have done diddly . Terrible moves and I love don sweeney. Sign Tyler Johnson and hope it ignites something.
If Tyler Johnson is this teams saving grace they are seriously in trouble.

It's going to have to come from guys like Marchand, Coyle, and Freddy. Some of these forwards have just not done enough and are stealing paychecks from this team.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Didn’t watch it and will delete tape but looked at the analytics and Zacha best F and Marchand near bottom

I give Monty next 2 games and access
not looking good.
The next 2 games will be uphill climbs. Not looking good at all with Monty.
This team looks bad but IMO not as bad as they look.
Something like umm maybe a system would be a good start.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Didn’t watch it and will delete tape but looked at the analytics and Zacha best F and Marchand near bottom

I give Monty next 2 games and access

Not looking good
Zacha looked good tonight but that might be because everyone else on lines 2 and 3 sucked

Reactions: Gordoff

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Maybe so, they need to redefine the system first and foremost. No one knows what to do.
They look completely lost. Not time to panic, and of course you need to account for new players gelling and all that. But they look unprepared almost every game. It's been 7 games and there hasn't been much improvement in learning the supposed system, whatever it is. And certain players have looked awful from the start. Gotta give it more time to shake out I guess.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Sometimes rosters can look good on paper, but end up being worse.

Hopefully things even out. But so far this team has no identity. I don't know what style they play, and I don't think they know either.

They lost speed from last year, replaced it with bigger bodies, but those bodies aren't doing anything. No hitting. No agitation. Slow.

I just don't understand who/what we are.

It's concerning.
They're missing the one secret ingredient that tied it all together

Yep, you guessed it

Matt Grzelcyk

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
They're missing the one secret ingredient that tied it all together

Yep, you guessed it

Matt Grzelcyk
Well he was a good defenseman no matter what got said about him by many here. He broke up a million two on ones after getting hung out to dry by his 9.5m partner.

Moving on , though, someone said it above and I agree: this team has no real chemistry outside the 4th line and even they were meh tonight.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Way downer of a game. Could been Worse if Sway was not on his game
The sad part is Nashville didn't play that much better.

And can someone explain to me why Swayman was pulled with over six minutes to play?
We all knew that wasn't going to end well.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
They look completely lost. Not time to panic, and of course you need to account for new players gelling and all that. But they look unprepared almost every game. It's been 7 games and there hasn't been much improvement in learning the supposed system, whatever it is. And certain players have looked awful from the start. Gotta give it more time to shake out I guess
I’ve seen this before and the coaching change was next step

They are underachieving

At what level I don’t know but I think it’s between moderate to significant

If im a highly overpaid consultant I recommend to Donny that let’s see how the Bruins respond against two of the better teams over 4 days

If I don’t see passion I recommend Sacco Magic and Kelly runs F and Leach D~ no additional coaching adds. These 3 know this team and organization

What I expect to happen
Monty let go & team responds very well

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
39077.jpg

Reactions: McBrom7 and JAD

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Update: 9 former Bruins scored tonight. 0 current Bruins.
Up to 10 now - Heinen scored 2 goals tonight while Acciari, M. Johansson, Seguin, R. Smith, JVR, Bertuzzi, Hall, Donato and C. Miller ( I had no idea he was playing with Winnipeg this season or even still in the NHL ) also found the back of the net.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Well, there's you problem ...
But sounds about right.
Why can't we get players like that?
I hated not resigning Heinen

He’s like having peanut butter & jelly in the cupboard or cheese slices in fridge

You might want to order out but are to lazy to go get or to expensive and want to save cash, and can have a grilled cheese or PBJ that will hit the spot

Horrible move by Donny - he could play on any line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad