GDT: Game 7 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - SLAY THE DRAGON EDITION | Saturday, May 4; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs tied series 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Regarding Matthews...he needs to feel absolutely 100% ready if he's going to play. If he is, put him on the 3rd line and the PP. Don't mess up the overall chemistry that got us here. If we win, reset the lines for the next series.

We've seen it happen so many times in the past that when the team is rolling with everyone stepping up in a big player's absence, their is a general letdown when that player returns to the lineup.

Reactions: KMNRB

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If Mathews comes back, I have a feeling robertson comes out and Gregor stays in.

Gregor is more versatile defensively and can be used in PK. I think Keefe genuinely likes his speed. Robertson hasnt done much this series at all

Bertuzzi - Mathews - Domi
Knies - Tavares - Marner
Gregor - Holmberg - Nylander
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok

Reactions: ACC1224 and SprDaVE

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
If Mathews comes back, I have a feeling robertson comes out and Gregor stays in.

Gregor is more versatile defensively and can be used in PK. I think Keefe genuinely likes his speed. Robertson hasnt done much this series at all

Knies - Tavares - Marner
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok
If that's the 3rd line I keep Robertson in so Willy has someone to play with.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
They will bust 34 for not being man enough to play too. Let them choke on their words when Leafs win and 34 is a big part of it. Let’s go

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Taking a 109 pt team to game 7 despite missing a100 pt player for 3 games and a top 5 player in the game for 2 games is pretty impressive. If the Leafs didn't have the playoff history that they do I think this series would be viewed a lot differently. That said, I completely understand why people don't care about moral victories at this point and only care about if the Leafs win the series or not.

Reactions: authentic

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Maybe Woll is the next Roy and we don’t know it yet. Carries team on his back all the way.

The next Roy is a little ambitious but he could very well get hot and be that X-factor that could help carry this team. Win tonight though and then we can see how it plays out from there.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I don’t think I can watch this game. I feel like the result is just fated at this point. Leafs in a winner take all elimination game…

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Taking a 109 pt team to game 7 despite missing a100 pt player for 3 games and a top 5 player in the game for 2 games is pretty impressive. If the Leafs didn't have the playoff history that they do I think this series would be viewed a lot differently. That said, I completely understand why people don't care about moral victories at this point and only care about if the Leafs win the series or not.

Also playing your .860 save% goalie the first 4 games

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Regarding Matthews...he needs to feel absolutely 100% ready if he's going to play. If he is, put him on the 3rd line and the PP. Don't mess up the overall chemistry that got us here. If we win, reset the lines for the next series.

We've seen it happen so many times in the past that when the team is rolling with everyone stepping up in a big player's absence, their is a general letdown when that player returns to the lineup.
Agreed.

But oh man, would it ever be tempting to see a 65-75% ready Matthews with one game to win and think: I can play him on the PP and spot duty and still maximize odds to win.

But you're right, this chemistry is golden right now.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
WHOA!!!!

IMG_1623.jpeg

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

Knies - Tavares - Marner
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok
The more I see Robertson the more I think he's kind of a tweener. I'm not positive where he fits.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I don’t think I can watch this game. I feel like the result is just fated at this point. Leafs in a winner take all elimination game…
My daughter is the opening act for a band in Scarborough tonight. She called this morning and asked if I'd back her on the guitar.
Oh well, guess I'll have to wait to see AM back in Round 2 ;)

GLG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad