GDT: Game 7 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - SLAY THE DRAGON EDITION | Saturday, May 4; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs tied series 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
Listening to the players yesterday, it seems different. No trepidation, even smiles and a sense of completing the job. I think we come out with real purpose tonight, feels like a snowball going down hill now and these guys want it.
They do seem to truly believe now whereas in past years it always sounded like they were trying to convince themselves that everything would be alright.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I feel weirdly zen.

My frustration has already been stated. My whining has been done.

I'm ready to watch what chaos we can unleash, win or lose. Let's do this thing.

Go Leafs Go.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Listening to the players yesterday, it seems different. No trepidation, even smiles and a sense of completing the job. I think we come out with real purpose tonight, feels like a snowball going down hill now and these guys want it.
The key will be how they handle any adversity tonight. Will they rise to it or panic and play scared.
Hopefully they win a laugher and we don’t find out.

Reactions: egd27 and bax

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Let’s f***innnnng go boys! Found out yesterday my dad got himself a ticket as well and is flying up to Boston this afternoon. I hope we win for his sake (and ours too of course heheh)

First beer of the day gonna be downed shortly. Not sure if I’ll be able to walk into the garden by the time the puck drops.
I like the cut of your jib! Well done sir!

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It's funny how everyone around the league is noticing we're a different team and some here still can't compute it.
I know it won't, but I also hope people remember these games next year in the regular season when the Leafs lose a meaningless game in March. I still remember people coming undone at those losses against Tampa and Florida at the end of the season as though those games meant anything.

Tonight's game won't be close. Let's see what Florida, without Bennett for most if not all of the series, brings next week.

Reactions: SwissLeaf and bax

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
1714827336385.png

lol

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Before last nights games the Leafs lead the playoffs in hits. All the East teams still in the race are tops in the league in hits. The Atlantic is a mine field. There’s no room. There on you. Leafs are playing playoff hockey finally. Getting playoff goaltending. Tonight it’s key to come out the same way. Try to get a lead and force the bruins to try to cheat for offense.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I said earlier I’m not nervous lol but pull this off tonight and I’m going to be right back to being a nervous disaster on Monday night. They play so bad you stop caring then they play 2 of their best games ever and try to pull you back in

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Whoever wins this will get mopped up by the next opponent so either way, I just hope we get another nice effort with some great saves. It's gonna be a tough one, probably the toughest of any games we've had so far.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Furlatt is one of the refs tonight. He famously called Justin Holl for "interference" on the JT goal back in 2022 against TBL in game 7, which was one of the worst calls ever made. But that's a long time ago. Sutherland is the other referee.

If they keep the standard of the series, it hopefully will be pretty even.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Let’s f***innnnng go boys! Found out yesterday my dad got himself a ticket as well and is flying up to Boston this afternoon. I hope we win for his sake (and ours too of course heheh)

First beer of the day gonna be downed shortly. Not sure if I’ll be able to walk into the garden by the time the puck drops.
Awesome. Drink it all in bud (but leave room to celebrate after), one way or another your pop will witness history and legend tonight. Have a blast. Hope you’re leaving that arena with a life time good memory.

• Love
Reactions: BrannigansLaw

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I thought the Refs have been excellent so far in this Series.

Furlatt is one of the refs tonight. He famously called Justin Holl for "interference" on the JT goal back in 2022 against TBL in game 7, which was one of the worst calls ever made. But that's a long time ago. Sutherland is the other referee.

If they keep the standard of the series, it hopefully will be pretty even.

They have been "excellent" because of the consistency. If the play remains the same and the standard takes a hard turn, one would have to question why, all of a sudden, that happened.

Really, we don't want PPs... and I think the fact we haven't been scoring on them has actually played a factor in a lack of calls for the B's. Nothing to manage or even up if we are not scoring... no advantage gained, no calls made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad