Post-Game Talk: Game 7: Colorado Avalanche (2-4-0, 1-1-0 Away) at Seattle Kraken (3-2-0, 2-1-0 Home) - 5:30 p.m. PT / 8:30 p.m. ET

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
No disgrace in losing to Colorado, but it would have been a lot worse if Gru hadn't played so well.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Didnt watch the 3rd, energy felt off by the end of the 2nd. Looks like that didnt change overly much by the highlights of the 3rd. They had that "bad team" vibe of not being able to handle the Avalanche forecheck at all.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It really wasn’t a bad game. They kept in it. Nothing felt outright bad.
I agree with the first part, at least as it pertains to the third period, the only one I saw. We had our moments. However, my overriding impression was of Colorado players having tons of open ice in our offensive zone, just buzzing around like they owned the joint. That felt outright bad to me.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I agree with the first part, at least as it pertains to the third period, the only one I saw. We had our moments. However, my overriding impression was of Colorado players having tons of open ice in our offensive zone, just buzzing around like they owned the joint. That felt outright bad to me.

You're right in that regard, but I feel like every team has that. It feels like the Kraken in the offensive zone have to work around well plugged holes to get good shots, and that other teams just have free reign of the ice, but I got to thinking... the opposing teams aren't getting many goals against the Kraken (2.8 per game against), meaning the Kraken are probably putting all of their eggs in plugging high danger shot holes and not much else. They can skate all they want in the offensive zone, unless it's to somewhere to take a high danger shot. That's a theory really and probably wrong.

Either way, they are sitting at 8 points in 7 games, that's FAR better than I expected at this point. My expected best case was 10 in the first ten, which can be done with more win in the next 3. If they do better, then bonus. My hope was 8-10 points in the first ten. Just hoping they get some solid points as they learn the new coaches, new system, new lines, and new players. It keeps them in the playoff hunt running to November. Last year and year 1 they'd pretty much dropped out by end of November, so I'm optimistic.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
They needed to hang on and not concede at the end of the 2nd period. If they hadn't conceded theres a chance they win. Colorado went flat out that period

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad