Pre-Game Talk: GAME 7 10/22 8:52 PM - THE BEAR sings at the Grand Ole Opry - NESN, ESPN+, 102.5 WKLB-FM

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Any kids playing their first NHL game tonight for Nashville?

If so, 2 points or a shutout for them. It’s called Bruins

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bruins 27th in shots for ,Nashville 1st in shots for but 30th in goals at 2.0.
Bruins 7th in shooting percentage, Nashville last.

Werid stats. . . .

Any kids playing their first NHL game tonight for Nashville?

If so, 2 points or a shutout for them. It’s called Bruins

Zachary L'Heureux is a name I have never seen before. . . . .​

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Well will see if I can make it through this one
Wife has foot surgery tomorrow, we have to be up at 430 AM
That said, going to bed early won't help, would just lay there and toss and turn

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Bruins 27th in shots for ,Nashville 1st in shots for but 30th in goals at 2.0.
Bruins 7th in shooting percentage, Nashville last.

Werid stats. . . .

Zachary L'Heureux is a name I have never seen before. . . . .​

To add to those stats, Nashville are middle of the pack in both Expected Goals For and High Danger Chances, and have the league's 2nd-worst save percentage despite having a pretty capable goalie tandem, especially Saros. All of which suggests that they're not playing great (clearly), but they've not been as bad as their win-loss record might suggest either. Need a little more finish/shooting luck and some better goaltending, and things could start to turn around pretty quickly.

The Bruins faced a similar situation in Colorado and handled it pretty well, but you sense the Preds will be even more desperate in this one. Boston needs to do what they did in Denver and start on time. Don't let Nashville get on top early and allow them to build some rhythm and confidence. Pressure them from the first puck drop and keep pressing. Really hoping for some more coordinated play and better passing and chemistry than we saw in Utah.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
It will be interesting to see how these lines play tonight. I think Monty should keep Marchand - Lindholm and Zacha - Pastrnak as pairs and fill in the rest of the holes (leave the "4th" line alone).

I see 4 guys in particular in the middle 6 that need to show something, or I wouldn't feel bad if they were gone as early as the trade deadline. It's early in the season, but it doesn't feel like the Bruins would miss much if the 4th line was the 3rd line and some high energy guys like Kuntar and Duran make up the 4th line.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Ha...Monty read my post. Is it a do or die situation for Jones? I really don't see what he's done to deserve 2nd line duty. Yikers!

The 1st 3rd and perfection line are going to be really good!

The answer is 'nothing'. Brazeau hadn't either, neither really had Frederic. Monty is simply going through every possible middle 6 combination trying to find something that works. So far he's drawn a blank. He also doesn't much believe in giving things time to click. So the merry-go-round just carries on.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
The answer is 'nothing'. Brazeau hadn't either, neither really had Frederic. Monty is simply going through every possible middle 6 combination trying to find something that works. So far he's drawn a blank. He also doesn't much believe in giving things time to click. So the merry-go-round just carries on.
Jones is in there because he needs playing time it's not because of any combination not working

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Jones is in there because he needs playing time it's not because of any combination not working

You get to play in the top 6 now just because you need TOI? That's a new concept. If the Bruins already had a 2nd line that worked, heck any line other than the 4th, he wouldn't be there. Sure Jones needs a chance to prove himself, but he gets to do so with Coyle primarily because the coach is looking for solutions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad