Game #69...Pre-game talk...Johns playing...better rest Hossa again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Since the GDT is not up I think I will start with this issue...inquiring minds wished to know if Hossa was kept out of the last game to protect him from the rough- house Blues and possible injury again...

Now we learn Johns is debuting in his first NHL game and of course he will want to prove tge Hawks made a mistake trading him ...Our players must be shaking and the apparently fragile Hossa has to decide whether he will chance this affair or plead not quite ready..again.

WE are so feeble like we are afraid of teams getting physical on us?

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Lol fragile Hossa. Would you seriously rather rush back a 37 year old who still contributes to this team a month before playoffs? You seriously need to get a grip on reality fiddy.

No Sharp, Klingberg, or Demers for the Stars. What a fragile group!

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
100% would be better my friend :)

HF50, I doubt "fragile" Hossa who played all 82 RS games plus all 23 playoffs games last season would not play only to avoid injury.
oh...uh....well, you got me there....:)

Seriously though there's no pressing need to rush him other than make sure he's got all the rust knocked off for the playoffs. That's all I meant.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Looking forward to another Kings and Hawks match up this year. Hopefully you guys get Hossa at 100% and we get Gabby at 100%. Want to see these two teams clas at their best. Makes for awesome games. Love the Panarin pick up as he is wickedly good as well. Good luck.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Looking forward to another Kings and Hawks match up this year. Hopefully you guys get Hossa at 100% and we get Gabby at 100%. Want to see these two teams clas at their best. Makes for awesome games. Love the Panarin pick up as he is wickedly good as well. Good luck.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to a Ducks / Kings playoff series before the Hawks. Two team enter, I don't know if either teams make it out.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Gonna be a fun night of hockey....

Hawks/Stars

Ducks/Blues

Flyers hanging around fighting for that last PO spot vs Tampa tonight.

I need to start hanging up some TVs for the night.

Desi still on the 3rd line as of this morning's skate. I wanna see that 3rd line most of us have wanted to see.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Of course Johns is not the type of D-man Q can tolerate..He prefers small ...weak ...stick -checkers who take the hits not give them...Stan should just have given Sharp away for no return at all but kept Johns ...but as I said maybe Q said he did not want this type if D-man. . I AM.SURE they could have given up Pokka if Dallas insisted on Sharp plus just to take the cap hit as a favour to us..It was a head scratcher because we lack a D-man of this type ...Sure he needed and may still need seasoning but now we are set back s few years to get a D-man with some physicality + size back there..Seabrook is tge only one we have now who can get physical with size when he wants to play that way ..but Seabs is also a slow pylon in his own zone ..But Q abhors too much hitting ...he thinks it blows coverage if you do it a lot. .tell that to the Paraykos of this league...They love that type in STL...Big and physical...an oxymoron for Q teams on the back end.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Gonna be a fun night of hockey....

Hawks/Stars

Ducks/Blues

Flyers hanging around fighting for that last PO spot vs Tampa tonight.

I need to start hanging up some TVs for the night.

Desi still on the 3rd line as of this morning's skate. I wanna see that 3rd line most of us have wanted to see.

:thumbu:

Already got 2 TV's set up in my living room and a few buddies coming over tonight before we hit the bars. Hawks/Stars on the big one, Blues/Ducks on the side one. Quack Quack.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Meyers just tweeted Hossa is IN for tonight...guess the big brass read my post and told Hossa the optics of chicken g out would look bad if they acquiesced again to him.opring not to play..Who calls tge shots? HIS or tge Hawks. ..looks like the Hawks were getting angry and stepped but thebprsdurebon him to report for Work and not pleading scared of hits and injury for an old geezer vet.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yep. I have no doubt that Johns will try to light up at least one Blackhawk tonight. I'm sure they're all well aware of that.

Hopefully the trading away of Johns will have some closure for Hawk fans after tonight, but I somehow doubt it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
you keep making me smile Fiddy...you really do :laugh:

now I have Rocky 4 playing in my brain after reading these posts - "He is not human, he's a piece of iron"!! -- love me some Stephen "Drago" Johns.

mad props to Johns, love the kid and hope he tears it up out there. 4-3 Hawks win, Johns with 1 primary assist.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Meyers just tweeted Hossa is IN for tonight...guess the big brass read my post and told Hossa the optics of chicken g out would look bad if they acquiesced again to him.opring not to play..Who calls tge shots? HIS or tge Hawks. ..looks like the Hawks were getting angry and stepped but thebprsdurebon him to report for Work and not pleading scared of hits and injury for an old geezer vet.

Good. Now someone needs to send a memo to Q to get Shaw off the PP.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
:thumbu:

Already got 2 TV's set up in my living room and a few buddies coming over tonight before we hit the bars. Hawks/Stars on the big one, Blues/Ducks on the side one. Quack Quack.

Sounds like my good old days: pre-party, some hockey in the middle, then the rest of Friday night :yo:

Now it's: Go to the store, sneak a bottle of whiskey past the wife, hope the kids shut up by 1st intermission. :help:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

You continue to brighten my days and make me :laugh: @ work. Thanks for that.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I'd rather keep Hossa off the PP for now and give him less time on the ice in that role. It's not like shaw-ladd has been bad it's still contributed to 2/3 goals in it's PP unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad