GAME 69: MTL @ FLA | The Usual Suspects | Thurs. Mar. 16, 2023, 7:00PM --TSN2, RDS, TSN690, 98.5 FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I think the best way we increase our Bedard odds is to do our part to beat the Panthers in regulation and hope Caps/Sabres/Sens get their shit together and rank higher. We are talking about a 1% difference if we win tonight, but if those 3 teams pass them we would get 3% greater odds. Basically, to me there is a greater chance that Arizona and Philly rank above us in the standings than the Caps, Sabres, and Sens rank above the Panthers so we should try and help out those teams.
You're smarter than I am. If your percentages are right, then that makes sense.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You're smarter than I am. If your percentages are right, then that makes sense.
I mean there are so many "what ifs" and it's all hypothetical. Basically, if we go up one spot in the standings, our number 1 lottery odds decrease by 1%. However, if Panthers go back down to 11th, we get an extra 3% lottery odds since that puts them back into contention for the Bedard odds. Let's say we win this game in regulation but this loss makes the Sens/Caps/Sabres pass the Panthers in the end at the cost of going up one spot from where we are, there will be a net increase in 2% odds of landing Bedard.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I mean there are so many "what ifs" and it's all hypothetical. Basically, if we go up one spot in the standings, our number 1 lottery odds decrease by 1%. However, if Panthers go back down to 11th, we get an extra 3% lottery odds since that puts them back into contention for the Bedard odds. Let's say we win this game in regulation but this loss makes the Sens/Caps/Sabres pass the Panthers in the end at the cost of going up one spot from where we are, there will be a net increase in 2% odds of landing Bedard.
Nice, thanks!

Go Pezzzile!

Reactions: The Great Weal

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
There is no number 1, we have two backup goaltenders. They split the work equally.
Yes, that's better than allen playing 2 out of every 3.

I would call it a tandem. They may actually be a good tandem, who in general alternate unless one has a great game and then is rewarded with a second game in a row.

Many are now saying goaltending in the NHL is like Running backs in the NFL - a goalie will put up great numbers with a great defense in front of it as a running back will put up big numbers with a good offensive line in front of it. i.e. Putting up good numbers is less about the goalie/running back and more about the defense/offensive line. Maybe a Montembault-Allen duo is good enough if the defense in front of them are good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad