Post-Game Talk: GAME #68: Canucks 2 @ Oilers 3

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
The answer was never having a lottery in the first place. Edmonton would have less first overall picks and no McDavid if we just did it NFL style with the reverse standings order.
Not sure but what if they said 3 lottery picks, first can move 5 spots, 2nd 3 spots and last 2 spots?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
That would be fascinating. None of the ELC bull**** either. Cap can either stay or go

I think the cap needs to stay if they go that route.

The original purpose of the draft was to facilitate parity. The cap does a better job of this and renders it obsolete. You want to blow 10% of your cap on the latest hot shot prospect? OK, but he might be Nail Yakupov...

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
The answer was never having a lottery in the first place. Edmonton would have less first overall picks and no McDavid if we just did it NFL style with the reverse standings order.

Then you would go back to the old days where numerous teams would be obviously tanking, like Pittsburgh did for Lemieux...

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
...time for something completely different?
Can't beat this Zombo classic:
dImVd47.jpg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If that tandem of Pouliot and Biega are on the ice for another 20 minutes tonight, I just don't know. If they don't 'bend' from Draisaitl's work down low, they could 'break' when McDavid comes flying at them.

Whoever ends up between the pipes for the Canucks night, will need to be 'all world'.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
We're in the time of year where finding out there's a Canucks game that evening is like finding out you have a long intensive homework project. Do I want to play video games or do I want to spend three hours watching Ian MacIntyre and the Canucks PP?

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
We're in the time of year where finding out there's a Canucks game that evening is like finding out you have a long intensive homework project. Do I want to play video games or do I want to spend three hours watching Ian MacIntyre and the Canucks PP?
Video games during the intermission my dood

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016

I can't be too mad at Edm. We're seeing ourselves that a couple young stars means nothing if you have dog shit management. I feel worse for McDavid and Pettersson.

Reactions: Cogburn

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
4-3 Oilers our goals all by Biega

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
As always thanks to Zombo for the GDT.

Which Canucks team shows up tonight? The meticulous team focused on a playoff spot, or the tired, lazy, broke down Canucks that can't score to save their lives?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Which Canucks team shows up tonight? The meticulous team focused on a playoff spot, or the tired, lazy, broke down Canucks that can't score to save their lives?
If they hang Demko out to dry like they did Markstrom against LVGK.....it could get ugly.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Letdown INCOMING

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad