GDT: Game 62: Columbus vs. Minnesota 3/2 7PM

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Need to swing momentum back our way next period. Playing like that last 10 will mean a loss

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We were dominating and playing well until their waived off goal, then play evened out, then they dominated at the end.Need to kill this and get back on track

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
You mean you made it out alive?!? But really, how was it? Been thinking about making the trip.

You know while we were waiting for the officials to announce the decision on the OT no-goal and the entire crowd was booing my wife and I were saying to each other "just give it to them...call it a goal...please!!!" Seriously everyone was nice.

The arena is nice. The Metro was quick and efficient for getting to and from the game.

The opening operations were awesome. They have one of those projectors where they can project video on to the ice surface...pretty sweet. After some historic highlights on the ice, they started showing polaroids of fans all over the world showing off their Habs gear (in front of the Eiffel Tower, in front of the Sphinx, etc). They showed them drifting down and dropping off the video boards on to the ice surface. After doing this and having like a hundred virtual polaroids on the ice, they mixed them all up and they formed the Habs logo on the ice. Very nicely done.

Then they did a really nice intro with highlights for all the players (each one gets an individual showcase). Really gets the crowd pumped...hell I was pumped and they were the opponents.

As you can tell I was impressed.

Everyone speaks English, Enjoyed some Poutine (fries with gravy) and some good microbrews in Vieux Port (historic old town) and other than the Metro to the game and back which was easy-peasy we walked everywhere. Went to a rock concert at a local cabaret the next night which was really good. We stayed in Vieux Port.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Playing good taken all together (against an actually good team (not Montreal)). The Wild have only a few chances outside of the penalties.

5 periods without a goal! But they're playing the right way. Stick with it.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
You know while we were waiting for the officials to announce the decision on the OT no-goal and the entire crowd was booing my wife and I were saying to each other "just give it to them...call it a goal...please!!!" Seriously everyone was nice.

The arena is nice. The Metro was quick and efficient for getting to and from the game.

The opening operations were awesome. They have one of those projectors where they can project video on to the ice surface...pretty sweet. After some historic highlights on the ice, they started showing polaroids of fans all over the world showing off their Habs gear (in front of the Eiffel Tower, in front of the Sphinx, etc). They showed them drifting down and dropping off the video boards on to the ice surface. After doing this and having like a hundred virtual polaroids on the ice, they mixed them all up and they formed the tabs logo on the ice. Very nicely done.

Then they did a really nice intro with highlights for all the players (each one gets an individual showcase). Really gets the crowd pumped...hell I was pumped and they were the opponents.

As you can tell I was impressed.

Everyone speaks English, Enjoyed some Poutine (fries with gravy) and some good microbrews in Vieux Port (historic old town) and other than the Metro to the game and back which was easy-peasy we walked everywhere. Went to a rock concert at a local cabaret the next night which was really good. We stayed in Vieux Port.

Sounds awesome

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Hi Socks, I've been in and out for the last month too... Good to know you're here tonight!!

Hi Rob! It's been crazy here in NC lately, my schedule has been interesting.

Hey Socks....we deserved a call going our way after have to bring in the cut man twice tonight and getting no calls.

Yeah I guess, but I still would be annoyed if I was Minny. As a Jackets fan though I'm fine with it lol.

Welcome back Socks and Robert.

Thanks Moe!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad