GDT: Game 62 • Wild @ Avs • 9:00 PM Central, 5:00 AM Suomi • FSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Words cannot describe how much I dislike Landeskog.

It was nice to get two points.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Words cannot describe how much I dislike Landeskog.

It was nice to get two points.

This wasn't his first cheap shot either. Just a classless player. At least this time his actions were clearly seen by everyone. Hopefully he'll get suspended, but I'm not holding my breath as he's a star player. A goon like McLeod or a well-known offender like Cooke would certainly miss some games.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I don't think the Wild lack toughness....Their focus was on winning and getting the 2 points, which is where it should be. Why should they take Roy's bait?

I agree we lack a bit of edge but the team seems very well conditioned and tough in terms of board battles and puck protection. We may not be throwing out big hits but when it comes down to grinding for loose pucks and cycling, we seem quite good at that.

We may not be flashy but find ways to get dirty goals and force mistakes from other teams.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
So thoughts from the game.. I watched from afar last night so I couldn't see everything and wasn't completely focused.

I don't understand how it's possible to defend McLeod's hit at the end. I haven't seen comments defending it (haven't looked), and I am not commenting in any way about another fanbase right now. I don't want people to say something if they are. I'm just saying I don't know how it's possible to defend that cheap shot. If the same thing happened with Cooke drilling McKinnon with 3 seconds left after a faceoff, it wouldn't be defendable. I'm just going to leave it at that.

Also the fight in the crowd is disgraceful. Drunks going at it I'm sure, but also undefendable. I'll leave it at that.

Great to see the 4th line playing well. Fontaine has been great lately. Awesome pass by Brodin to spring that goal.

Koivu's reaction to Landeskog at the end was hilarious. Hate that guy.

The players obviously hate each other. The fans hate each other. Sounds like a rivalry, but doesn't quite feel like one yet. It'd be great to meet them in the playoffs again soon.

This effectively ends their season. 8 back from us now with a bunch of other teams in-between. I thought we would slow down a little more, but this team is still rolling. Sad that 73 points would put us T2 in the other division.. yet we still sit in 5th. I feel like we should pass Winnipeg by the end of the year, but I thought I saw that we have the hardest schedule the rest of the way with the Jets right behind us, so it should be a good battle to the finish.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Also the fight in the crowd is disgraceful. Drunks going at it I'm sure, but also undefendable. I'll leave it at that.

I will say this, the girl that took the video obviously had here phone out for a reason. I'd be very interested in knowing what happened in the minutes prior. I mean, I'm sure that the Avs fans were being very polite and hospitable while the Wild fans were being despicable human beings, but still...

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
I will say this, the girl that took the video obviously had here phone out for a reason. I'd be very interested in knowing what happened in the minutes prior. I mean, I'm sure that the Avs fans were being very polite and hospitable while the Wild fans were being despicable human beings, but still...

Yeah, I'm sure there must have been something brewing. But I don't really care who started it and what not. Shouldn't happen ever.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, I'm sure there must have been something brewing. But I don't really care who started it and what not. Shouldn't happen ever.
Yeah. Anyone who starts a fight at a sporting event needs to rethink their life, regardless of what jersey they have on.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If we "lack an edge" because we're not out there stooping to Whineorado's level, I'm perfectly ok with lacking an edge.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Well, fines are better than nothing I guess. Fines are pretty much pointless to athletes though. I'm not necessarily advocating that the actions last night deserving of it, but if they really want to eliminate crap out of the game they are going to have to start taking points from teams. Or start handing out longer suspensions. Fines simply don't deter actions enough.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Well, fines are better than nothing I guess. Fines are pretty much pointless to athletes though. I'm not necessarily advocating that the actions last night deserving of it, but if they really want to eliminate crap out of the game they are going to have to start taking points from teams. Or start handing out longer suspensions. Fines simply don't deter actions enough.

At least with Landeskog's case he's going to have repeat offender status for a few years.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Wasn't watching as I was S-faced in the middle of nowhere but rewatched it today and for the first time in a long time, I am going to commend MIKE YEO.

Patrick Roy is a giant plug who has no business being a part of this league at the bench level. It's very frustrating seeing a coach act that way when his little 40 point captain needs to throw punches across the bench. Yeo kept his team and most importantly himself, up to check, during gameplay. We all remember Roy shoving the glass into Bruce Brodreau last year in game one. Good on YEOZO to walk out of there with 2-points and some dignity.

Good on our coach to walk out of Denver with a 4-0 record against those clowns and if they think we are going retaliate Saturday, good luck. We are going to outskate, out score, and work your thrown together, defenseless team like we always do.

Good bye and good riddance. Have fun drafting another failure at forward.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wasn't watching as I was S-faced in the middle of nowhere but rewatched it today and for the first time in a long time, I am going to commend MIKE YEO.

Patrick Roy is a giant plug who has no business being a part of this league at the bench level. It's very frustrating seeing a coach act that way when his little 40 point captain needs to throw punches across the bench. Yeo kept his team and most importantly himself, up to check, during gameplay. We all remember Roy shoving the glass into Bruce Brodreau last year in game one. Good on YEOZO to walk out of there with 2-points and some dignity.

We, the state of hockey, are above this BS and good on our coach to walk out of Denver with a 4-0 record against those clowns and if they think we are going retaliate Saturday, good luck. We are going to outskate, out score, and work your thrown together, defenseless team like we always do.

Good bye and good riddance. Have fun drafting another failure at forward.

Really? You have to go the self-righteous route with this?

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Really? You have to go the self-righteous route with this?

Yeah, come on. This has nothing to do with anything. Stupid comment.

Edit: And if it's :sarcasm:, well then it wasn't obvious to me.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Wasn't Patrick Roy's last NHL game the Game 7 of the playoffs against the Wild? Wonder if he holds some extra hate for the Wild. Maybe during the next home against the Avs, they could replay the Brunette goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad