GDT: Game 6 | Toronto @ Columbus | 7:30 PM EST

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Our top D in that period were phenomenal. Werenski, Provorov, Severson. They were picking off Leafs passes and turning the play the other way quickly, that and dancing with the puck and making the Leafs miss. When those guys have been out there they make our multiple 4th lines look dangerous offensively with the way they weave with the puck.

The Jarmo regime maybe deserves more credit for bringing those guys in, unfortunately the regime also put them in a system that muted their strengths. Evason has cut them loose.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Yeah if the coaching staff can keep getting this level of play out of Provorov there is no reason not to look at resigning him
Mateychuk, Christiansen, and whatever the return for Provorov would be are a few reasons.

What would he be looking to sign for?

Werenski/Mateychuk/Severson/Jiricek in 3 years….where does Provorov fit?

Money/cap isn’t an issue now, but, what type of raises will all the forwards get?

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
So we get a Toronto review against Toronto. Interesting... I don't know how anybody can see the puck though, can't be conclusive so I guess they just check it to be sure.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I don't think it's a goal, but Chinakov shooting from the "Draisatl" position on the ice might be a winner over the course of a seaosn. He's got more juice on his shot than Draisatl, but he doesn't have the space-giving player of McDavid on the ice with him.

I hope to see him shoot from this position a lot this season.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Mateychuk, Christiansen, and whatever the return for Provorov would be are a few reasons.

What would he be looking to sign for?

Werenski/Mateychuk/Severson/Jiricek in 3 years….where does Provorov fit?

Money/cap isn’t an issue now, but, what type of raises will all the forwards get?
Make a trade then instead of planning on something that doesn't work out. They wouldn't have a major issue trading the odd man out when the time comes. I'd rather go that route and have actual NHL caliber defenders instead of a pick that may never become anything

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Oooh don't see that called much. Did grab stick and fell so I can't really complain. Hate it when players do that so gotta own it when it happens on our end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad