GDT: Game 6 - SKA vs HC Sochi - Sept 19 12:30EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
But I love facts. Of course I hope for great season for Ivan, but right now he hasn't done anything Matvei didn't before him. I mean Michkov even had a 5 point game in his draft season...
Did Michkov played for the SKA the entire season, he was loaned to another team, so yes Demidov did something Michkov didn't do.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
And just like that, he leads his team in points!!

What amazes me is that he is always moving, his feet don't ever stop he is so fun to watch! He creates so many opportunities out there...

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Michkov was 4+5 after 8 games last season for Sochi...
1726804465112.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Doom Bot

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
As far as I understnd Montreal Gazette is considered serious press, and they say things like this: "In six games this season with St. Petersburg SKA, the 5-foot-11, 176-pound winger has three goals and three assists to lead St. Petersburg SKA with six points".

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Public Service Announcement: if you wish to make the claim, and you ought to, that Ivan Demidov "is him," know that it is grammatically correct to say "is he." Let's get things right when referring to the demidivine.

Ivan Demidov is he.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I still don't get this obsession to bring Michkov in all discussion regarding Demidov. Yes they are both Russian but they are very different players and they will each have a great career on their own.
I was a Michkov fan. Not a fan of the Reinbacher pick, not because of Reinbacher, but because of where he was picked.

And even me...I,m f***ing tired of hearing about Michkov. Enough already. It's not Demidov for Michkov. It's 2 different drafts. They prefered Reinbacher. That's it. And yes, Michkov will be more spectacular than Reinbacher. Duh. But Reinbacher will be serviceable. Hopefully in a Pietrangelo kind of a way. Or at worst...a Bouwmeester.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
There is no chance of this happening.
Not to mention that I don’t see anyone advocating for Michkov losing their minds anymore given how we got lucky that Demidov fell to us. We needed a high end offensive talent and we got one now. We needed a defenseman too. I highly doubt anyone is extremely upset anymore.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Yes, that was the total point of the post. That I was suggesting that was a likely outcome for Reinbacher.

C'mon.
I know it wasn’t, but for better or worse these two players are going to be evaluated against each other until one clearly comes out on top. I know that can be annoying when it spreads into other threads, but the conversation has been mostly healthy. I wanted Michkov at the time, but I’m fine with Reinbacher as well. I prefer a guy like Demidov too if we look at the entire package.

I just don’t understand why comparing the players bothers people

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad