GDT: Game 6: Sharks vs. Avs 5:00pm NBCSBA

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The only forwards doing anything in the lineup right now from an offensive standpoint is Toffoli, Granlund, Eklund, and Zetterlund. We had Wennberg and Goodrow on the 2nd line yesterday and they've combined for one goal in the 6 games they've both been in. They need to keep mixing that line up until something clicks and yes that includes promoting guys who may not have earned it to this point. The reason why is because the guys that are there haven't earned it either. No forward in that lineup yesterday beyond those four have more than one point. I would run Wennberg-Smith-Gushchin for the 2nd line tomorrow and give it ice time. It's Anaheim and it should be competitive. I'd also keep Thompson in, sit Rutta, and let Benning back in. Benning sucks but he's also recovering from his hip injury so they should cycle guys in and out where it makes sense since all but Walman barely qualify as NHL'ers at this point. I would absolutely call up Cagnoni and put him in over Thrun or Ferraro.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
At this point I’d mix up the lines. The offense looks bad. While Celebrini is out I’d probably put Eklund at Center again.

Eklund with Toffoli and Zetterlund
Smith with Granlund and Goodrow
Wennberg with Gushchin and Kunin
Sturm with Grundstrom and Dellandrea

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I have to wonder why there is such an intense push for Guschin. I like the kid, don’t get me wrong. It just seems that he’s being held to a standard that is too high. I’d love to see him thrive but I’m not seeing it.

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I have to wonder why there is such an intense push for Guschin. I like the kid, don’t get me wrong. It just seems that he’s being held to a standard that is too high. I’d love to see him thrive but I’m not seeing it.
He has found success going through different levels of hockey and he's been clearly next in line (apart from the obvious Celebrini/Smith)
Sharks are pushing to get some sort of idea if he has a role or any market value if he doesn't. Also the injuries/healthy scratches are helping him find a spot.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
He has found success going through different levels of hockey and he's been clearly next in line (apart from the obvious Celebrini/Smith)
Sharks are pushing to get some sort of idea if he has a role or any market value if he doesn't. Also the injuries/healthy scratches are helping him find a spot.
Those injuries are exactly why he’s up. I believe he’s going down when others come back.
I can’t overlook that everyone is marveling at his 5 assist game, which was fabulous but not sustainable. He’s not great at much else.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
At this point I’d mix up the lines. The offense looks bad. While Celebrini is out I’d probably put Eklund at Center again.

Eklund with Toffoli and Zetterlund
Smith with Granlund and Goodrow
Wennberg with Gushchin and Kunin
Sturm with Grundstrom and Dellandrea
Eklund is terrible at center and won't play there on a good team, I'd prefer he keeps developing good habits and learning the game at his natural position, I see his future as Celebrini's long-term running-mate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad