GDT: Game 6: Sharks vs. Avs 5:00pm NBCSBA

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
What’s the consensus on Granlund, do we want to trade him at the deadline or would anyone be opposed to re signing him for a couple years? I’ve loved him as a Shark

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
What’s the consensus on Granlund, do we want to trade him at the deadline or would anyone be opposed to re signing him for a couple years? I’ve loved him as a Shark
It really depends on what the offers are. Problem is we can’t retain so offers will reflect that as well.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I think it depends on what kind of contract he's looking for, giving him term could be a mistake, he's definitely aging and declining

For this game

The good:

William Eklund

The bad:

Everything else

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If a 2nd round pick or better is a part of a Granlund trade, I’d rather move him and talk to him in July. Otherwise, I’m open to a two year extension.

Reactions: Tw1ster

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If he is happy with a short-term extension (like two years) AND no one will offer more than a 2nd. I think a 2nd + 3rd is the minimum Granlund is worth.

Reactions: Cas and Sandisfan

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
He seems to like it in San Jose from some interviews I've seen and I feel like he wants the same contract security like Toffoli has right now. I wouldn't mind a 3x6,4 (Granlund 64) or even 4x5 for him to stay here as a mentor and depth piece.

EDIT: Granlund is in that age that he still has some fuel to be effective, but he can't risk taking 1 year contracts to a playoff team and lose a lot of money if he declines.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I’d like for Grannie to stay. Draft picks aren’t always the answer.
They’re not always the answer but the team still needs prospects with talent and extra picks where they can to address weaknesses when possible. We’re not going to have many expendable assets a whole lot moving forward because we should be getting better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad