GDT: GAME 6 | Senators sail into the Lake of Salt | Tue Oct 22 2024, 9:15PM | TSN5, RDSI

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have a different perspective; I don't believe Utah dominated the Sens. In my view, Utah started strong in the first 10 minutes, but the Sens took control in the final 10 minutes of the first period. In my opinion, the most significant statistics are wins, losses, and goal differential. Currently, the Sens stand at 4-2 with a goal differential of +3. The upcoming games against Colorado and Vegas will be telling. It's a long season filled with highs and lows, and hopefully, we'll experience more highs than lows.

Seattle dominated the game in general though

CF : 61 - 43
SF : 27 - 20
SCF : 30 - 16
HDCF : 11 - 11
xGF : 3.54 - 2.21

Forsberg weathered the storm, Sens were opportunistic and created a huge lead, then they played a good 2-way game but they had the lead effect and Seattle naturally had more chances

In the long run, you'd end up losing games like this more often than us, Forsberg and our shooters stole that game in the first period. They only "survived" the last 2 periods and Forsberg was excellent so the lead was "safe"

As a goalie, I often play my best hockey after my team give me a comfortable lead. You're more relax and less anxiety gives you more possibility to be "in the zone"

I have a different perspective; I don't believe Utah dominated the Sens. In my view, Utah started strong in the first 10 minutes, but the Sens took control in the final 10 minutes of the first period. In my opinion, the most significant statistics are wins, losses, and goal differential. Currently, the Sens stand at 4-2 with a goal differential of +3. The upcoming games against Colorado and Vegas will be telling. It's a long season filled with highs and lows, and hopefully, we'll experience more highs than lows.

Forsberg weathered the storm, Sens were opportunistic and created a huge lead, then they played a good 2-way game but they had the lead effect and Seattle naturally had more chances

In the long run, you'd end up losing games like this more often than us, Forsberg and our shooters stole that game in the first period. They only "survived" the last 2 periods and Forsberg was excellent so the lead was "safe"

As a goalie, I often play my best hockey after my team give me a comfortable lead. You're more relax and less anxiety gives you more possibility to be "in the zone"

sena

Jul 3, 2024

It's not possible to take anything from this game, once the team is up 4 they may have decided to shut down the high danger chances and get out of there with a low effort win. But they do need to play better overall if they expect to keep winning. they have not been as good as their record shows

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's not possible to take anything from this game, once the team is up 4 they may have decided to shut down the high danger chances and get out of there with a low effort win. But they do need to play better overall if they expect to keep winning. they have not been as good as their record shows

Which is why I was talking about "lead effect" (score effect)

Stutzlaaaa

Dec 18, 2021
I would say yes and no most of the games Sens just played fine maybe 2 games were they really sucked vs Habs is one of them . We played the starter of the other team most of the time and played mostly playoff teams *NJ making playoff for sure this year*. So after seeing the games and results in the standings they deserve to be in the Top 15 teams in the NHL right now , you have to take into consideration that this team has new coaching staff, a lot of new players , N1 goalie played 2 games, injuries too 1 top 2/top 4 D missing and one good young top 9 forward. So yeah it's a great improvement if you compare to Sens of last 3 seasons and should be even better really soon.

Reactions: LiseL

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I would say yes and no most of the games Sens just played fine maybe 2 games were they really sucked vs Habs is one of them . We played the starter of the other team most of the time and played mostly playoff teams *NJ making playoff for sure this year*. So after seeing the games and results in the standings they deserve to be in the Top 15 teams in the NHL right now , you have to take into consideration that this team has new coaching staff, a lot of new players , N1 goalie played 2 games, injuries too 1 top 2/top 4 D missing and one good young top 9 forward. So yeah it's a great improvement if you compare to Sens of last 3 seasons and should be even better really soon.
He wouldn't know any of this though. He just got here...

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
1729812203214.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad