GDT: GAME 6 | Senators sail into the Lake of Salt | Tue Oct 22 2024, 9:15PM | TSN5, RDSI

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
As long as he plays in Ottawa he won't be.

Just look at Karlsson.
Didn't Karlsson win multiple Norris trophies while playing in Ottawa? Yeah he probably should have gotten a third here, but I don't see a bias against small city or Canadian teams

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'm ecstatic to win the game. A LOT of positives.

It would be nice not to rely on stellar goaltending to stay in the game early though. And then....did we ever take our foot off the gas. Like...dude, always pretend it's a 1 goal game in this NHL.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I like the way he plays. He has a strong defensive game. He looks faster than what his former team's fans were saying about him.
His play has me really optimistic for the roster when Zub is 100%. Having two RDs that do all the little things right without any glaring flaws is what this teams needed for so long.

Hopefully JBD joins Zub and Jensen as he progresses!

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
We don’t even need Ullmark
By golly I've figured it out.

Adrianopolous is Tom Hanks from Big. Except instead of a 12 year old he was a 12 week old who hadn't yet developed object permanence before wishing he was big.

Sens win a game? They be burnin' villages.
Sens lose a game? They are the worst team to have ever laced em up.
Forsberg lets in a softie? Worst tender in the league.
Forsberg gets a shutout? Ullmark isn't needed.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
2-0 and I go to the bathroom. 4-0 when I come out. Forsberg really kept them in it the first ten minutes. Props to him, he can be very good. Looks like he just needed confidence. Always liked him and his story of perseverance.
Forsberg has had very good games before but he is inconsistent and basically proven that he is not a full time #1 NHL goaltender and not a good #2.

We are fortunate to have Linus.

1729703648403.png

Have to leave now. Doctor's orders and already a bit late... take medication and bed by 10. Enjoy the game I'll see the rest of it on PVR tomorrow. :)
Hopefully all goes well for you. Take care.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Bro I think its absolutely insane that you can pay for Sportsnet, AND TSN and STILL get blacked out for a whole whack-load of games... it's absolute insanity!
You bought the wrong package; unfortunately, due to NHL TV rules you cannot get the package you want. It seems that the NHL thinks that teams own you as a customer based on where you live. Also seems like the reps you voted for in government have been on the take from those teams and their sponsors.

So Utah never really had time to think about logo or name for the team?
How about "The Utah Mormons", using 2 "m"s.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
The Senators regional deal is up in 2026 or so. The Canadian TV deal is up at the same time.

Maybe Amazon will go hard after the Canadian NHL contract as a loss leader. I doubt Rogers will want it again. If so, I wonder if Amazon would also try to go after the regional rights to Canadian teams.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
By golly I've figured it out.

Adrianopolous is Tom Hanks from Big. Except instead of a 12 year old he was a 12 week old who hadn't yet developed object permanence before wishing he was big.

Sens win a game? They be burnin' villages.
Sens lose a game? They are the worse team to have ever laced em up.
Forsberg lets in a softie? Worst tender in the league.
Forsberg gets a shutout? Ullmark isn't needed.
This is pretty much the average response on here. Polyps is just on the extreme edge of the EMO

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Nice to be winning against a Western team on the road, but Jesus I hope we’re a better road team this year than we’ve shown against Montreal and Utah.
They looked lazy. But they were lucky. They need to smarten up and start playing games with more hustle.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
They looked lazy. But they were lucky. They need to smarten up and start playing games with more hustle.
I disagree; I believe they played a solid game on the road against Utah. Forsberg made some crucial saves – that's his role, so well done Forsy. Then we overwhelmed them with four goals in nine minutes and shut everything down. We can't expect to dominate teams on the road, but it was a strong road win last night.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021

It would be nice not to rely on stellar goaltending to stay in the game early though. And then....did we ever take our foot off the gas. Like...dude, always pretend it's a 1 goal game in this NHL.
Find me an NHL team that plays full throttle for the entire 60 minutes. Such a team doesn't exist; it's simply impossible to dominate another team for an entire game. That's just unrealistic.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Find me an NHL team that plays full throttle for the entire 60 minutes. Such a team doesn't exist; it's simply impossible to dominate another team for an entire game. That's just unrealistic.
"Dominate" is not the objective. I want to see the team play a solid defensive game and not get hemmed into their zone for long periods of time. The game against Utah was not a very good game as the Senators were being dominated. The team did not start the game well; they were being outsmarted and outplayed.

The Senators regional deal is up in 2026 or so. The Canadian TV deal is up at the same time.

Maybe Amazon will go hard after the Canadian NHL contract as a loss leader. I doubt Rogers will want it again. If so, I wonder if Amazon would also try to go after the regional rights to Canadian teams.
It will definitely interesting to see how it plays out.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I had never paid attention to the elevation of SLC - 4,300' above sea level. Ottawa is about 230'. Hopefully the boys can maintain their play in Vegas (2,000') and Denver (5,300'). Tough trip!

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Must be a new league directive.
Looked like a team sheltering close in an unfamiliar building... was pretty interesting. I hope they come together and adopt a real team first mentality .
Excited to watch their next game after 6 periods of pretty good hockey

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Didn't Karlsson win multiple Norris trophies while playing in Ottawa? Yeah he probably should have gotten a third here, but I don't see a bias against small city or Canadian teams
To be fair Karlsson won the Norris because of his points in 2011-2012. A PPG d-man in those few years was so rare, so it was undeniable.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
To be fair Karlsson won the Norris because of his points in 2011-2012. A PPG d-man in those few years was so rare, so it was undeniable.
Dude has 3 Norris'. They gave 1 to Doughty because Karl didn't play enough defense, then gave 1 to Burns because Karl didn't score enough. Fckn joke. If Karl was in a big market instead of Ottawa he would have 5 trophies.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Forsberg with a solid performance. He held us in the game for the first 10 minutes when we had a sluggish start and then played well the rest of the game. He deserved the shut out. Hopefully the negativity and piling on will subside a bit.

Batherson & Norris looking good together (that whole line actually). Jensen had a great game and looks like a good acquisition.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022

I have heard a 2 goal lead is the worst lead in hockey. Which could be argued from the point of taking your foot off the gas. But in reality a 1 goal lead is always the worst lead. A 4 goal lead is very hard to blow.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad