GDT: Game 6: Red Wings at isles 7:45 pm et 10/22/24

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Lalonde post game presser: says he doesn't think it's a coincidence the team got a spark when Kasper joined the lineup and reiterated that he likes what it does for the lines and his ability to roll all 4.
In a 82 games season, the ability to roll 4 lines on a consistent basis each games is crucial for a team like the wings...hopefully Kasper now sticks, I think they do need to break the lines up up so Tank, Kane and Cat are all on different lines.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Other teams have found ways of getting 25+ shots off.

There's literally no excuse for going 2-6-2 on shots.

Absolutely 0

Just baffling.

When was the last time a team only had 10sog in a GAME
high danger chances tied 2 - 2 tho, not DRE fault NYi took a bunch of garbage shots.

sure more shots b nice but nyi 2020s version if 90s devils

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Had to record the game, work dinner (freaking hate them). Came back, poured a bourbon, ripped off the monkey suit, teed up the game and..... :madfire::banghead: . Streaming error.

I scoured this thread and came away with the following conclusions:

1) Game 6 and Simon Edvinsson is already living up to my hype (Think Lidstrom with Chara size, was my best one. I will add Chara snarl soon). The HYPERBOLE will continue!
2) Husso could be heard weeping all the way from NY. He also bought a Tabot "doll" mail order from NOLA.
3) The offense has no bite. < My observations here, is nice puck movement and control, but no net front play. The set-up is right and wrong. They are using the skilled players to find seams because they don't have a homer type to create havoc.
4) 1-0 10 shots.... Stevie is having Scotty Bowman type dreams.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Kasper only got 14 TOI. He needs to play upwards to 16 if he's going to be up, otherwise he needs to be eating up 20+ minutes, 1st line in the AHL.

14 is decent, especially in a game like this. One more shift and he would have been in the top 6 of icetime among forwards.
By my math, if he played another ~15 seconds, he would've been 4th in ice time for forwards after already being 4th in ice for forwards in his first game. He's playing the PP, PK and defending the lead 6 on 5 in the final minutes of a 1 goal game in the NHL.

He's also only on game 2 where his ice could go up as the coach builds trust in him. If these are what his minutes are in the NHL, there's absolutely 0 reason to send him back to GR. His line has also been really good all things considered, let them develop chemistry and see what happens
Using DirectTV Stream over a ROKU, the FDSN broadcast got real buggy towards the end of the game. Did anyone else have a problem with that?

I tried switching to the DirectTV App on my phone and that was buggy too.
At one point, I was getting women's volleyball somehow....

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Last thing I'll say on the subject of this game:

My wife asked why every one of their players look like dumpy accountants.

I had to explain the rules of Lou.

I really hate Lou if it wasn't clear from my previous posts.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad