GDT: Game 6: Red Wings at isles 7:45 pm et 10/22/24

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Well, so far last year's team was far more exciting to watch. They gotta figure out the offense, I think the line with the most possession time this season may be Copp's, but all that line normally does is cycle the puck until they lose it.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I agree with you 100%, its unacceptable..but we won lol

sometimes you fire 47 pucks on net and lose 3-1, hockey is dumb sometimes.

just try to enjoy the win I guess even though we don't deserve it. Lyon single handedly got us 2 points. Obviously if they play like this, were gonna lose a lot of games.

It's one thing if the team is playing good hockey and you squeeze out a bad win.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I think I speak for everyone when I say, staple Gus to the pressbox.

Johansson should be playing over him, period. Give Ed PP2.

Gus was fine 5v5 IMO, 3rd pairing did well in their sheltered role. But i agree that Edvinsson should get a look on the PP.

Petry and Chiarot was just pure chaos as usual, i don't know how Lalonde can't see it. Johansson might look good next to Chiarot though.

Many thougths at once now, but i wonder if Maata moveable. If so he should probably be dealt and then have Holl, Petry and Gus can rotate on the third pair.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I see the Wings are pioneering a new tactic to close out games: just baffle the other team by turning the puck over to them constantly. It seemed to pay off.
Bowman would have these guys bag skating turning the puck over to the other team when having possession. It’s mind boggling. Work to get the puck, but let’s give it to them to get a line change or reset. It’s definitely a problem and one that’s not taught. Newsie better start watching Kesslers LC AAA squad at belfor. Might help his tenure.

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
Other teams have found ways of getting 25+ shots off.

There's literally no excuse for going 2-6-2 on shots.

Absolutely 0

Just baffling.

When was the last time a team only had 10sog in a GAME
The Oliers only had 10 shots on goal when they won 2-1 over Dallas in game 6 of the Conference Finals to move on to the Finals

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
This was the type of game the Wings used to lose back in the late 90s. Outshoot their opponent 45-12 and lose. It happens. Stop bitching about how many shots they had. They play a tight defensive game for once. Yzerplan is a 12 step process, this was one of the steps, lol.

getting outshot 2-1 in every single win isn't exactly sustainable

it's only 6 games into the season so there's plenty of time for it to change but so far the Wings have the worst analytics in the entire league other than Montreal in basically every single category

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Listening to Lalonde's post-game is like watching Baghdad Bob in his heyday. Pointedly being asked about this type of game not being sustainable and he's all "yeah it is!"

We need to bring Lidstrom over and have him explain breakouts. Where the forwards should be. Deep options as well as short options. Nick was the master of the 5-10' pass deep in our zone, just enough to get around the opposing player but to a guy heading the right way. How to read forechecks. How to read dump-ins. Everything. Boughner is fine for PK "glass and out" type situations, but he was never a controlled breakout player.

Right now whichever defenseman gets the puck first is on an island and doesn't have the 4 other guys supporting him like they should.

minimal

Apr 12, 2024
Dumb win, truly astonishing. The team isn't inspiring much confidence so far. Ed played fantastic, excited to see where he's at come mid-season.

Also, what the hell was wrong with the ice tonight? Struggling to remember the last game I saw so many players falling all over the place.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad