GDT: Game 6: Red Wings at isles 7:45 pm et 10/22/24

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I wouldn't put Seider together with Edvinsson, both of them and AJo needs to babysit their partners.
Chiarot Seider
Edvinsson Petry
Gus Ajo

Gus can get launced in a trebuchet to Zug Island with the rest of the garbage. The dude f***ing sucks.

AlJo - Seider
Edvinsson - Holl
Chiarot - Petry

Maatta can take a break.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC to Chicago
Maatta is fine. The issue he's always stapled to defensive toddlers a la Ghost and Gus.

Or are we suddenly giving Hronek all the credit for that pairing?

1729629214562.gif

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"The "s" in Islanders is silent, and, on this broadcast at least, the words expressing many Detroit fans' feelings toward the Islanders' coach, Patrick Roy, must also be silent. With the same number of wins - two - and the same number of losses - three - and each having a win streak of exactly one, these teams seem like they should be tied. But New York forced overtime for 2 of their losses and so look much better in the the standings 5 games into this young season. If the Red Wings can look past an ancient rivalry and borrow one thing from their opponents tonight, it might be that letter "s", which instead of staying silent, they would use to make the W in their streak column plural."

- Plausible Keats

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
"The "s" in Islanders is silent, and, on this broadcast at least, the words expressing many Detroit fans' feelings toward the Islanders' coach, Patrick Roy, must also be silent. With the same number of wins - two - and the same number of losses - three - and each having a win streak of exactly one, these teams seem like they should be tied. But New York forced overtime for 2 of their losses and so look much better in the the standings 5 games into this young season. If the Red Wings can look past an ancient rivalry and borrow one thing from their opponents tonight, it might be that letter "s", which instead of staying silent, they would use to make the W in their streak column plural."

- Plausible Keats

goddamn that's a good Plausible Keats, impossible to read it without hearing his voice

First drink for the evening: Rum Old Fashioned, with a blend of Plantation 20th Anniversary, Foursquare 2011, and Plantation Guyana 2007 aged in an Irish whiskey cask.

On paper the Wings and Islanders look pretty closely matched, should be a good game. Let's get back to 0.500.

LGRW

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013

- Plausible Keats
You genuinely do such a f***ing great job with these, I wish he could see them.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Gus can get launced in a trebuchet to Zug Island with the rest of the garbage. The dude f***ing sucks.

AlJo - Seider
Edvinsson - Holl
Chiarot - Petry

Maatta can take a break.
Sorry but this is madness.

Chiarot is our 2nd best Dman and he's on the third pair? But you think AlJo can handle Seider's 22+ minutes because he looked okay playing less than 12 minutes for a couple games??

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Sorry but this is madness.

Chiarot is our 2nd best Dman and he's on the third pair? But you think AlJo can handle Seider's 22+ minutes because he looked okay playing less than 12 minutes for a couple games??
He either can or he can't. We know the pair is mediocre at best with Chiarot on the top pairing. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a rebuilding team to keep trying things that we know aren't good enough.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

- Plausible Keats
This needs to be in a podcast or something so that the wings brass can see it…these are incredibly accurate

Reactions: dalem177

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004

- Plausible Keats

@dalem177 You're getting so good at these I'm starting to worry about your mental health a bit.

Reactions: dalem177

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
goddamn that's a good Plausible Keats, impossible to read it without hearing his voice

First drink for the evening: Rum Old Fashioned, with a blend of Plantation 20th Anniversary, Foursquare 2011, and Plantation Guyana 2007 aged in an Irish whiskey cask.

On paper the Wings and Islanders look pretty closely matched, should be a good game. Let's get back to 0.500.

LGRW
@JohanFranzenstein

Aw shucks. You guys are making me blush. Thanks for still finding it funny.

Funny thing to me is, I've had to read through and learn a lot of esoteric historical and geographic facts for a lot of these, but I've also had to actually paw through CapFriendly and now PuckPedia, etc. a bit, sometimes, to get stats, jersey numbers, old rosters, and the like.

Sometimes being effectively silly is a lot of work! Sometimes not. Mostly not. In the end it's a "find a decent comparative between the two teams" game. And now, at the end of the season I'll tally it all up and do another spreadsheet. Now that I'm actually officially retired, I have more time for that sort of goofiness. And of course I'll stop whenever I get sick of it, or y'all do.

I try to learn a new recipe every year. My hockey fan goal for this year is to try and figure out face-offs. They are still weird to me.

This needs to be in a podcast or something so that the wings brass can see it…these are incredibly accurate
This year I will probably try Twitter/X for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad